Different types

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Work and farm life dictates that my dogs are 99% run under the lamp . Having the farm is good because they stay fit by coming with me to see stock , I should probably walk more than just ride round on

Ended up going out charts with we smudge no the easist of ground but done good picked up a we injury but pleased with her 

This thread is depressing me more to life than work lads enjoy ur dogs 

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Greb147 said:

It's like this, I'm out the house 12 hours a day most days and work a fair few Saturday nights over the year, where am I meant to find the time to give a lurcher regular work? 

I hope that cnut Thatcher is rotting nicely, would have been great working down the pit a minutes walk from the house. ?

I lived a few mile away from the pit though my best mate lived on the white city right next to Maltby pit if i was on days and it forecasted wind i would call in his and we would sit calling in his kitchen till it got dark then it would be out over Lord Scarborough's for a few pheasants. Happy day's i would go back to them times in an heartbeat. 

• Like 3
1 minute ago, tatsblisters said:

I lived a few mile away from the pit though my best mate lived on the white city right next to Maltby pit if i was on days and it forecasted wind i would call in his and we would sit calling in his kitchen till it got dark then it would be out over Lord Scarborough's for a few pheasants. Happy day's i would go back to them times in an heartbeat. 

happy days ?, the birds would fetch £5 a brace, they can't fxxxcking give them away these days. 

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, tatsblisters said:

I was literally a couple of minutes walk away from Goldthorpe pit mate, it would have been ideal tbh. 

• Like 1
17 minutes ago, gnipper said:

Its just not possible or even fair on the dog if I did mate.

When the kids are older and I can get back out the game will be even more fecked by then. Sgc again me thinks.

Gwor aboor one of they wee shotgun/ rifle/ gundog rolled into one combos? 

Here's one look 

IMG_20211003_163150.jpg

• Like 2
1 minute ago, Greb147 said:

I was literally a couple of minutes walk away from Goldthorpe pit mate, it would have been ideal tbh. 

Another thing i was a feker for when i worked at the pit if it was a good night for it i would think nowt of knocking a shift and nothing really got said glad i did as i can still remember some of the nights out poaching more than some of the night shifts i worked.?

• Haha 1

I’m winding down with dogs the games fu bared it’s been steady getting worse season by season everything is against you tbh I wanted to stick to the beddy x type I keep as there a handy type an get a line going out of them I had it all planned out what was what breeding wise but also said I want to run another bull bred lurcher before I’m done in the dog game It’s a tricky one to gauge it’s also depressing as feck to think about as well talking about your potential last dog 

10 minutes ago, poxon said:

I’m winding down with dogs the games fu bared it’s been steady getting worse season by season everything is against you tbh I wanted to stick to the beddy x type I keep as there a handy type an get a line going out of them I had it all planned out what was what breeding wise but also said I want to run another bull bred lurcher before I’m done in the dog game It’s a tricky one to gauge it’s also depressing as feck to think about as well talking about your potential last dog 

Let's not have any o that lad 

13 minutes ago, poxon said:

I've been there mate I've thought many a time throw the towel I've ran dogs since I can remember I'm 37 knocking now I've had good and bad times with the dogs but the better times always out weigh the bad times, last few times I've been out on the beam I've saw many be a handful of bunnies but lucky for me they aren't my number1 but I suppose if they were I'd be looking at things differently adapted your hunting to suite I always say ?

• Like 2
17 minutes ago, poxon said:

how amny time you had a tug poxon ?f**k em keep at it theyll get fed up sooner or later wasting dfaft amounts a money 

When it starts to be a chore, when it's not fun anymore, then it's time to get out the game !

Im sitting here listening to the wind and watching the trees whipping about ,wishing my pup was old enough to be out on the lamp !

When I lose that feeling, I'll know it'll be time to hang up the lamp ! ?

Cheers.

• Like 6