Different types

9 hours ago, white van man said:

Hard to juggle everything. I think you got to take a hit financially if you want to get out in the week. Hard when the kids are young but once they get older you can take em with you. 

5954B08F-AA26-49FC-9A5D-9367688DFA5D.jpeg

501D7158-8755-461D-929B-70233FA146A4.jpeg

43E6D94D-02CE-4EA0-80BB-5525984CFE89.jpeg

Great pics ,loved going out with me uncul and grandad, used to moan sometimes when it was cold but looking back they the best of times and wish I'd done it more .

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Work and farm life dictates that my dogs are 99% run under the lamp . Having the farm is good because they stay fit by coming with me to see stock , I should probably walk more than just ride round on

Ended up going out charts with we smudge no the easist of ground but done good picked up a we injury but pleased with her 

This thread is depressing me more to life than work lads enjoy ur dogs 

Posted Images

43 minutes ago, Moocher71 said:

I'd like to take a litter out me bedy grey to a collie type to keep a pup myself but like you say times are changing so my head tells me tink be my last runner and to get her done .I can not remember a time when one or more of me family had lurchers .

They still make good pets if ya did keep one back mate but I would be on the same way as you are already think.

37 minutes ago, Moocher71 said:

Great pics ,loved going out with me uncul and grandad, used to moan sometimes when it was cold but looking back they the best of times and wish I'd done it more .

Thanks. Both my lads come out with me. My eldest will tag along now and again. My youngest would be out with me  all the time if he could. 
It’s hard to fit everything in. Dogs, home life, other hobbies. I just try do a bit of everything and try not to take it all too seriously. 

• Like 1

You have to work together as a team when you got kids,as they grow it gets easier,you can take them with you within reason.Im ok with 3/4 hrs sleep a night,always been the same,you just have to choose what's important to you I guess...if you work for yourself,then you have more freedom, it's alot easier than being on the books...?

• Like 3
13 hours ago, Borr said:

I love it tbh, who knows what'll happen , but the dogs are just pets really that have the odd bit of fun with. I don't think I'd encourage the dog stuff with my boys I'd much rather they liked watersports and more legal mainstream stuff obviously ?with a big appreciation of the countryside. I'm taking a hit to live somewhere I feel will reduce the wronguns and they're good lads, the mum is fairly ferocious , so keeps them in order lol. They're grafters too, can't fault them tbh. Enjoying cheers ?

Well worth prioritising your kids, if we get that wrong there's a lot of pain coming in the future. My two kids used to come ferreting with me but about 10 / 11 they lost interest and to be fair it's probably not the life skill that will serve them best ?. These days I hunt when I can but it's only once or twice a week. I keep myself and the dog fit by running some canicross. Works for us

• Like 2
3 hours ago, Daniel cain said:

You have to work together as a team when you got kids,as they grow it gets easier,you can take them with you within reason.Im ok with 3/4 hrs sleep a night,always been the same,you just have to choose what's important to you I guess...if you work for yourself,then you have more freedom, it's alot easier than being on the books...?

I used to be able get by with 3/4 hours sleep a night but not anymore. If I don't sleep I become a cnut to live with. I'm hoping to start working for myself again and I'll have more time for the dogs but as long as they ticking over and getting few runs they happy .

2 minutes ago, Moocher71 said:

I used to be able get by with 3/4 hours sleep a night but not anymore. If I don't sleep I become a cnut to live with. I'm hoping to start working for myself again and I'll have more time for the dogs but as long as they ticking over and getting few runs they happy .

There's Enough time to sleep when your dead?

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, SheepChaser said:

I’ve found the answer is ...... don’t try to do too many things! 

I work, keep the Mrs happy and then all other time is for the dogs. The Mrs is dog mad to so it helps! 

I should give up trying 2 keep the mrs happy it's a hiding 2 nothing 

19 hours ago, Borr said:

I love it tbh, who knows what'll happen , but the dogs are just pets really that have the odd bit of fun with. I don't think I'd encourage the dog stuff with my boys I'd much rather they liked watersports and more legal mainstream stuff obviously ?with a big appreciation of the countryside. I'm taking a hit to live somewhere I feel will reduce the wronguns and they're good lads, the mum is fairly ferocious , so keeps them in order lol. They're grafters too, can't fault them tbh. Enjoying cheers ?

You'll have no worries mate, Ofelia keeps you all in check!! lol

• Haha 2