Different types

1 minute ago, lurchers said:

I know how you feel,you bring them up right,give them everything they want or need to end up knocking about with wankers taking or taxing gear and trying to steal off you.Then they wonder why you give them a bin bag and show them the gate for all the gratitude you’ve give them.Now life is more simpler without the headaches mate.Hope it doesn’t go that way for you and enjoy it while you can.

I love it tbh, who knows what'll happen , but the dogs are just pets really that have the odd bit of fun with. I don't think I'd encourage the dog stuff with my boys I'd much rather they liked watersports and more legal mainstream stuff obviously ?with a big appreciation of the countryside. I'm taking a hit to live somewhere I feel will reduce the wronguns and they're good lads, the mum is fairly ferocious , so keeps them in order lol. They're grafters too, can't fault them tbh. Enjoying cheers ?

• Like 3

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Work and farm life dictates that my dogs are 99% run under the lamp . Having the farm is good because they stay fit by coming with me to see stock , I should probably walk more than just ride round on

Ended up going out charts with we smudge no the easist of ground but done good picked up a we injury but pleased with her 

This thread is depressing me more to life than work lads enjoy ur dogs 

Posted Images

I used to work for myself and as long as I was working 3 days a week I was happy and I'd be out with lurchers ,ferrets on days off during the season and my children all grown up or least supposed to be ? so no young kids to look after but me misses got sick and couldn't work so I had to give up working for myself and now work five days a week so resorted to working dogs at weekends and odd night lamping for now .

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, Moocher71 said:

I used to work for myself and as long as I was working 3 days a week I was happy and I'd be out with lurchers ,ferrets on days off during the season and my children all grown up or least supposed to be ? so no young kids to look after but me misses got sick and couldn't work so I had to give up working for myself and now work five days a week so resorted to working dogs at weekends and odd night lamping for now .

Needs must mate but the lurcher game is fecked now,so things will change even more in the next 2yrs ?

1 hour ago, Borr said:

No. ? Obviously it depends what you prioritise, I'd say have kids close together and accept life is over...I'm kidding obviously but.. I'm working and generally away, paying dog walkers, any free time is with my boys , dogs have been neglected, anything I can involve the kids with I do but whilst they're young it's limited, and it's not like I can fish while a five and seven yr old are getting tangled or trying disgorge a hook lol. I'd mostly stick to summer fishing while the kids are just starting. We go for dog walks that might involve the odd squirrel or rabbit run. The missus will take them to the allotment whilst I might go daytime.  Lamping is no bother go say Friday night maybe get home 3/4am grab a few hours. I'm leaning towards stuff the kids can do and gets us out in fresh air, body boards, foraging for berries , shrooms, but I feel in another year or so things will get easier , they're joining clubs , swimming,beavers etc, we've no support network whatsoever, so no grandparents babysitting or any of that. Which I'd imagine would change things a bit. I've accepted that it's my kids time now, it does make the long daytime walks or lamping through til morning all the sweeter, it's hard mate but in a nutshell I'd say whittle down your likes to two or three things, look constantly at ways to earn brownie points with the missus. You'll be free again in 20years ???

Mate, a lot of people would love to be a victim like you ? enjoy it, you'll never get them times back ?

Cheers, D.

1 hour ago, Borr said:

I love it tbh, who knows what'll happen , but the dogs are just pets really that have the odd bit of fun with. I don't think I'd encourage the dog stuff with my boys I'd much rather they liked watersports and more legal mainstream stuff obviously ?with a big appreciation of the countryside. I'm taking a hit to live somewhere I feel will reduce the wronguns and they're good lads, the mum is fairly ferocious , so keeps them in order lol. They're grafters too, can't fault them tbh. Enjoying cheers ?

I’m really lucky with child care , my mother is a diamond she knows on weekend if my misses is working I need to get out so I drop the little one to hers on the way out , if I didn’t have her yea would be pretty difficult ! 

• Like 2
13 minutes ago, dytkos said:

Mate, a lot of people would love to be a victim like you ? enjoy it, you'll never get them times back ?

Cheers, D.

I hope it doesn't come across like that, I don't feel like a victim, just never enough time, lol. I don't even wanna fish haha, but young ones are all consuming, is the point I was making. I think I'm aware of how precious time is with them cheers Dave ??

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, Borr said:

I hope it doesn't come across like that, I don't feel like a victim, just never enough time, lol. I don't even wanna fish haha, but young ones are all consuming, is the point I was making. I think I'm aware of how precious time is with them cheers Dave ??

Basically you just got say look woman ill do what I wanna do when I wanna do it and your be fecking grateful 

Book usen an ambulance in advance 

• Haha 2

There's definitely an element of sticking to your guns on occasion, I've seen too many friends change behaviour too radically on meeting a partner, and they get lonely lose freedoms and the relationship eventually breaks down anyway. Like that joke...

Woman spends twenty years trying to change her husband's ways and then leaves him claiming he's not the man she married....

But more importantly you have to do your share and these days being the bread winner doesn't cut it , normally both people work, I know in some respects I get to escape working away, but doesn't feel like that when you're stuck in digs away. I guess that's what you meant blacky ??

• Like 1

Don’t think I will bother with another runner. Don’t seem to have the time I did a few years ago with having a kid etc. Saturdays busy with hounds. And sundays used to be my day with the runner etc are tied up with the kid to keep the mrs happy ? still try and get a few hours few nights a week lamping. 

• Like 1
9 hours ago, lurchers said:

Needs must mate but the lurcher game is fecked now,so things will change even more in the next 2yrs ?

I'd like to take a litter out me bedy grey to a collie type to keep a pup myself but like you say times are changing so my head tells me tink be my last runner and to get her done .I can not remember a time when one or more of me family had lurchers .