Different types

Life can be pretty busy especially when you’ve got dogs , and given them enough work , how do lads manage there time when got other hobbies and different types of hunting . I go out mostly day time on weekends and early season straight after work and when clocks change I try to get a day off in the week to get out and do small bit of lamping , how do you balance work , kids , lamping , digging , hounds , ferreting , fishing? Can you really do it all? 

• Like 2

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Work and farm life dictates that my dogs are 99% run under the lamp . Having the farm is good because they stay fit by coming with me to see stock , I should probably walk more than just ride round on

Ended up going out charts with we smudge no the easist of ground but done good picked up a we injury but pleased with her 

This thread is depressing me more to life than work lads enjoy ur dogs 

Posted Images

23 minutes ago, Wales1234 said:

Life can be pretty busy especially when you’ve got dogs , and given them enough work , how do lads manage there time when got other hobbies and different types of hunting . I go out mostly day time on weekends and early season straight after work and when clocks change I try to get a day off in the week to get out and do small bit of lamping , how do you balance work , kids , lamping , digging , hounds , ferreting , fishing? Can you really do it all? 

If u never went sleep maybe

Just now, Greb147 said:

It's the reason I've not bothered with another lurcher tbh, with work and family I just can't justify putting in a half ass attempt at owning one atm. 

At least you are honest about it pal i remember working on the demolition in Nottingham 20 years ago ago and the lurchers i had were not getting out like they should have and keeping dogs over the years was one of the reasons i would never work away from home.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Wales1234 said:

It can be a struggle, I like to get out twice a week on lamp if I'm not working nights. 

Lamp all night then straight to work, nice when I have a day off but its not always the case so have to make do. 

Fishing with lad comes when I'm off work we get out even if it's just for an afternoon session. 

Would like to do more daytime but just haven't got the time.

Somtimes I think why do I do it but then a good run and catch remind me why. Do like a good run more than the catch

19 minutes ago, lurchers said:

Times have changed that much gone have the days you could work around things.Now you have to work to survive and your hobbies come 2nd.

We had to work 26 hours a day at Mill then hunt all night and if we dint catch dinner dad would slice us in half wi bread knife

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

No. ? Obviously it depends what you prioritise, I'd say have kids close together and accept life is over...I'm kidding obviously but.. I'm working and generally away, paying dog walkers, any free time is with my boys , dogs have been neglected, anything I can involve the kids with I do but whilst they're young it's limited, and it's not like I can fish while a five and seven yr old are getting tangled or trying disgorge a hook lol. I'd mostly stick to summer fishing while the kids are just starting. We go for dog walks that might involve the odd squirrel or rabbit run. The missus will take them to the allotment whilst I might go daytime.  Lamping is no bother go say Friday night maybe get home 3/4am grab a few hours. I'm leaning towards stuff the kids can do and gets us out in fresh air, body boards, foraging for berries , shrooms, but I feel in another year or so things will get easier , they're joining clubs , swimming,beavers etc, we've no support network whatsoever, so no grandparents babysitting or any of that. Which I'd imagine would change things a bit. I've accepted that it's my kids time now, it does make the long daytime walks or lamping through til morning all the sweeter, it's hard mate but in a nutshell I'd say whittle down your likes to two or three things, look constantly at ways to earn brownie points with the missus. You'll be free again in 20years ???

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
18 minutes ago, Borr said:

No. ? Obviously it depends what you prioritise, I'd say have kids close together and accept life is over...I'm kidding obviously but.. I'm working and generally away, paying dog walkers, any free time is with my boys , dogs have been neglected, anything I can involve the kids with I do but whilst they're young it's limited, and it's not like I can fish while a five and seven yr old are getting tangled or trying disgorge a hook lol. I'd mostly stick to summer fishing while the kids are just starting. We go for dog walks that might involve the odd squirrel or rabbit run. The missus will take them to the allotment whilst I might go daytime.  Lamping is no bother go say Friday night maybe get home 3/4am grab a few hours. I'm leaning towards stuff the kids can do and gets us out in fresh air, body boards, foraging for berries , shrooms, but I feel in another year or so things will get easier , they're joining clubs , swimming,beavers etc, we've no support network whatsoever, so no grandparents babysitting or any of that. Which I'd imagine would change things a bit. I've accepted that it's my kids time now, it does make the long daytime walks or lamping through til morning all the sweeter, it's hard mate but in a nutshell I'd say whittle down your likes to two or three things, look constantly at ways to earn brownie points with the missus. You'll be free again in 20years ???

I know how you feel,you bring them up right,give them everything they want or need to end up knocking about with wankers taking or taxing gear and trying to steal off you.Then they wonder why you give them a bin bag and show them the gate for all the gratitude you’ve give them.Now life is more simpler without the headaches mate.Hope it doesn’t go that way for you and enjoy it while you can.

• Sad 1