Never be the same

You lads probably know that the police have a : rural task force: set up now they are quite well trained in what goes on in the countryside. It’s is on a WhatsApp group where farmers , keepers, landowners, anyone that’s vetted can join , there are loads of police on it so if anyone sees anything they WhatsApp it and the police if around respond to it.good and bad cause someone only has to post your reg and they will stop you normally in a couple of days.

6 minutes ago, Qbgrey said:

You lads probably know that the police have a : rural task force: set up now they are quite well trained in what goes on in the countryside. It’s is on a WhatsApp group where farmers , keepers, landowners, anyone that’s vetted can join , there are loads of police on it so if anyone sees anything they WhatsApp it and the police if around respond to it.good and bad cause someone only has to post your reg and they will stop you normally in a couple of days.

Get on the group if you have permission local, the best defence is attack sometimes.

They tried to instigate something similar years ago where I used to live, made a big splash in local media about the cozzer who was heading up the scheme…….so I phoned him up, said I had loads of permission local, told him to come round for a cup of tea (which he did), sat giving him the blarney for an hour and said “Right, here’s my motor reg, I’m out and about round here all the time at strange times of the day. Log it so your fellow officers know who it is…..do I need to phone you up every time I go out because it may be quiet late ?”

”No, no, don’t do that, I’ll log and make sure everyone knows”

Bobs your uncle, never had one bit of aggro.

If you have a little bit of permission local, see if you can get on the group…..then you can just do what you like ? 

• Like 4

They’ve been on the go with it for a while round my way, I see why a lot of farmers are on it… one of mine got shot at a few months back and had to jump out/ hide behind his tractor while he phoned the armed police up and there always getting stuff nicked?

A few of the farms I go on have lads with permission to run dogs on so they police it themselves when it comes to fcukers smashing gates down. 
think our wildlife officer is scared of the dark cos I’ve never seen him at night… different matter during the day though?

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Qbgrey said:

I’m on it so all good they are very much about at night too. Followed me 3 miles back home from the pub the other night.

Sound just tell them it’s going right off scoobys lamps and lurchers in the opposite direction to were you want to go, then go out and have a nice quiet evening ??

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Greb147 said:

I imagine it will be a lot harder to just switch off the lamp and disappear in to the night if they are kitted up with thermal gear. 

Still, see how keen they are to pursue someone ankle deep in the slop. ?

It will be the same as it always has mate they will just drive round looking for a vehicle then wait, ??

• Like 1

Nothing new here there methods change with the times it’s still the same game of cat an mouse! Is all there doing is building a network of names,vehicle reg numbers using every one else to do the foot work in turn there see patterns on number plate recognition picked up see your name pattern an who your linked to an areas traveling there eventually pull you hopefully red handed there probably pin point you by phone number if it’s a contact phone 

22 minutes ago, Qbgrey said:

Trouble is a local pissed off with for eg.cars leaving country pub can just stick a message and bingo the ole bill are pulling up motors.they flew out to a guy yesterday with some petty poaching claim .

Complain if you feel there pulling you without good reason youd be surprised how that can go they cant just harass you and hope to catch you doing something. 

• Like 2

to many bunny huggers about these days ,like to feel inportant by giving the bill a ring ,i was out and about thismorning local to were i live ,chap came up to me and said  ;you shouldnt be here  , so i just said you fk off  you dont own this land , .yes i do he said  bollox  you dont mr ..does  ive known him 50 years  so go fk off and go and anoy  someone else  off he went with a flea in his ear nosy c...t,

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
4 hours ago, Greb147 said:

I imagine it will be a lot harder to just switch off the lamp and disappear in to the night if they are kitted up with thermal gear. 

Still, see how keen they are to pursue someone ankle deep in the slop. ?

We was ambushed by a keeper and his friend one night no lamps from them they crept up on us using a thermal they got with 20 yards before we spotted them. 

They chased through the bushes across a field until one of my mates fell over, we couldnt leave him so went back for him. 

They got abit shirty but settled down once they knew we was as keen as them. 

Games fooked with thermal and drones. 

Just keep on keeping on

• Like 4
1 hour ago, riohog said:

to many bunny huggers about these days ,like to feel inportant by giving the bill a ring ,i was out and about thismorning local to were i live ,chap came up to me and said  ;you shouldnt be here  , so i just said you fk off  you dont own this land , .yes i do he said  bollox  you dont mr ..does  ive known him 50 years  so go fk off and go and anoy  someone else  off he went with a flea in his ear nosy c...t,

Exactly right was on fb earlier something came up in my newsfeed regarding national trust and the comments was just full of people moaning about drag hunts using their land so because they are scared of loosing membership fees they bow to pressure and ban it ! 

There’s so many people that are either fleeing the urban ghettos to move to the countryside or buying into the brown boot and spaniel brigade lifestyle or just so far removed from pest control or meat processing .

Add to fact everyone over age of 10 has  a mobile phone capable of taking pics ?

An now the catapults are under scrutiny as kids start killing pigeons and birds in streets and parks . 

Seems to me the right to forage wild protein or control vermin are slowly an backhandedly? getting eroded away 

• Like 2