A little observation, ??

My lad had a school trip a few years back and came home with what he said was an owl call.

just a little stick that's been split and a piece of thin tape sandwiched between the wood..while lamping if we hear an owl you can copy its call with it.and they will call back.after about 10 calls back and fore I leave them be..

20211023_225951.jpg.cf40c78a61370dd7b0fe6725b61af192.jpg

• Like 4

9 hours ago, king said:

My lad had a school trip a few years back and came home with what he said was an owl call.

just a little stick that's been split and a piece of thin tape sandwiched between the wood..while lamping if we hear an owl you can copy its call with it.and they will call back.after about 10 calls back and fore I leave them be..

20211023_225951.jpg.cf40c78a61370dd7b0fe6725b61af192.jpg

Here is mine, can get them really competing especially in the spring ??

37CEF8E4-142F-445C-A628-28598DAC7454.jpeg

Edited by Greyman
  • Like 4
40 minutes ago, low plains drifter said:

There's an owl that goes off in the afternoon during daylight hours up at the woods, heard a few times now 

Is that a onesie?

No mate I do have many onesies but this is just a dressing gown ?  Here I am in my camo onesie just for you ??gown in the summer onesie when it gets cold ?

579EA240-CEDB-429C-978A-DF84E0B01537.jpeg

Edited by Greyman
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
2 minutes ago, Greb147 said:

I should imagine they say words like "Who, who, whooooo?" 

That's right and I reply..dee, deeeaaa, deeaannnnn, ?

The last hour of daylight if you see a barn owl nearby make a squeak with your hand not to loud though..I've done it many a time and had a few within 10ft of me..

• Like 1
On 23/10/2021 at 09:37, Greyman said:

Since I moved on to the boat, you notice little shifts in seasons and natures patterns a bit more, over the last few moon phases the owl activity appears to increase the closer to a full moon we get, Thursday full moon owls going off everywhere from the moment it got dark, last night no moon heard my first one at 2,30 am and then only one or two, just a little observation I thought I would share ???

Everything is more active around a full moon., and I mean everything. From animals to birds, to us humans, and even our intestinal parasites. Next time you intend to cleanse your intestinal system from parasites, dose yourself during a full moon, or new moon.?

32 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

Anybody that wants to see or hear owls should come to dales, they doing real well for themselves here, barn owls, tawnies an little owls everywhere 

Same where I am loads of barn owls and can hardly sleep for those fukcing tawnies ……

• Like 2