A little observation, ??

Since I moved on to the boat, you notice little shifts in seasons and natures patterns a bit more, over the last few moon phases the owl activity appears to increase the closer to a full moon we get, Thursday full moon owls going off everywhere from the moment it got dark, last night no moon heard my first one at 2,30 am and then only one or two, just a little observation I thought I would share ???

• Like 10

It's surprising what the full moon brings like bigger tides .l know ducks and geese move a lot more on it at night and I'm sure I saw a documentary that said frogs and toads only mate under a full moon and if I remember right that round the world as well 

• Like 1
18 minutes ago, Blackmag said:

It's surprising what the full moon brings like bigger tides .l know ducks and geese move a lot more on it at night and I'm sure I saw a documentary that said frogs and toads only mate under a full moon and if I remember right that round the world as well 

My son follows moon phases religiously in his fishing, all the big girls come out around the full moons ??

• Like 3
3 minutes ago, Greyman said:

My son follows moon phases religiously in his fishing, all the big girls come out around the full moons ??

Yes they seem to switch on in big moons  I don't know why that is maybe dc knows my mate is the same keeps a tide book with him just for the moon cycles 

I don't really look for it so, I haven't been noticing it - I tend to check the weather report, that's all.

However, on Thursday morning, around 3am, a huge white owl glided round the trees at work, low and slow, then just disappeared again - if I hadn't been looking that way, I'd never had known it was there.

It was probably less than 20ft away - nice to see.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Daniel cain said:

Yrs ago we would just tip up and take our chances....I started taking notice of air pressure/moon phases,tides....does give you the upper hand ...but not always ??

Years ago was mental keen sea angler, leagues and competition's etc. I studied the moon phases, water temperature, wind direction, state of the tides they all have an affect. But the moon I would not go fishing for Ray's or some other species if it were a full moon.

Cheers Arry

• Like 1
1 hour ago, bell said:

Out duck flighting tonight, be interesting to see what comes in.  My mate flighting this morning on the coast and he saw not one bird. 

Been watching a lot of geese fly in over the last month, can hear the wild Fowler’s down on the foreshore at last light ?

5 hours ago, Greyman said:

Been watching a lot of geese fly in over the last month, can hear the wild Fowler’s down on the foreshore at last light ?

Quite night, shot a few but less than expected. Was out last night walking the dogs under moonlight , could see shadows on the fields from the moon...nice....

• Like 1