Doctors giving out anti depressants like they're smarties certainly doesn't help peoples mental health. 

Drink and drugs another catalyst. 

I've lost friends over the years to suicide, couple were no surprise if I'm honest and a couple came out of the blue and it's those ones that are hard to get your head around. 

• Like 3

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Very very recently I found out a friend of mine committed suicide. 31yr old. Top lad. Life of the party. Recently married. So much life left. Yet he felt he had no other option that to hang himself in

I'm afraid I have to agree with you 100% on that. My son (only child) killed himself recently. He was found hanging in woodland in a small village in East Sussex during that heatwave in July, was

Selfish act??  You lads really haven't a clue!

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Mister Gain said:

I'm afraid I have to agree with you 100% on that.

My son (only child) killed himself recently. He was found hanging in woodland in a small village in East Sussex during that heatwave in July, was hanging there for 4 days, and we were advised not to view his body. He was 41. He was failed by the NHS, how the hell can a psychiatrist evaluate someone over the phone, surely with mental health body language comes into it? It's a long drawn out, complicated story so I won't go into it here, all I can say is that it is devastating.

Very sorry mate..truly devastating..

• Like 1

It's easy to sit here with a clear head and pass judgment on whether you think suicide is selfish, cowardly or otherwise. People in that position have reached depths I hope I never visit, so obviously they aren't thinking clearly and we can't hope to understand the reasons.

I lost a friend to suicide 5 years ago and for several weeks I was asking myself if I had missed something, misread what he said or made him feel he couldn't reach out.  

I still don't know the answer and probably never will. 

3 minutes ago, dogmandont said:

Doctors giving out anti depressants like they're smarties certainly doesn't help peoples mental health. 

Drink and drugs another catalyst. 

I've lost friends over the years to suicide, couple were no surprise if I'm honest and a couple came out of the blue and it's those ones that are hard to get your head around. 

Personally I have tried most there drugs...

None have helped and alot  of the stronger ones will have you that chilled out exercise gos out the window..

I chose not to take drugs

• Like 4
25 minutes ago, tb25 said:

I honestly don't feel the people who work in mental health services know there arse from there elbow..not all but most

But that's just my personal thought..

That is just so wrong mate ,it's factually wrong and it's the wrong attitude to have . The therapies and treatments have been tested and defined over a long time with a lot of people ,they 99 times out of a hundred know what they are doing ,you may think only you knows about you ,but your ailments arnt unique ,millions of people have been through what your going through ,and the mental health service has seen and helped a lot of them .

Go to them with a bit of humility ,assume they know what they're doing ,don't scoff at ideas ,suggestions or treatments that sound silly to you ,be willing to be helped ,open your mind to new ideas and approaches ,listen instead of criticising .

Or you could come on here and let idiots like me guide you .

• Like 4
Just now, tb25 said:

Personally I have tried most there drugs...

None have helped and alot  of the stronger ones will have you that chilled out exercise gos out the window..

I chose not to take drugs

But saying that I did chose to self medicate witch had devastating consequences..

1 minute ago, Astanley said:

That is just so wrong mate ,it's factually wrong and it's the wrong attitude to have . The therapies and treatments have been tested and defined over a long time with a lot of people ,they 99 times out of a hundred know what they are doing ,you may think only you knows about you ,but your ailments arnt unique ,millions of people have been through what your going through ,and the mental health service has seen and helped a lot of them .

Go to them with a bit of humility ,assume they know what they're doing ,don't scoff at ideas ,suggestions or treatments that sound silly to you ,be willing to be helped ,open your mind to new ideas and approaches ,listen instead of criticising .

Or you could come on here and let idiots like me guide you .

As said stan..just my personal feeling..and experience..

Over there years I have come to the conclusion know one can help me but me..

The fight continues..but I do no myself that I won't ever be normal or like other men..that's a fact..

12 minutes ago, walshie said:

several weeks I was asking myself if I had missed something, misread what he said or made him feel he couldn't reach out.  

I still don;t know the answer and probably never will. 

It does make you question yourself when you lose someone to suicide I lost my cousin 20 years ago he had been to football with us that afternoon had a few beers as normal went home and hung himself even now I still think did we miss something but I think if he was that way of thinking there was nothing going to stop him 

• Like 1

Just read about that lad who committed suicide after getting a gambling addiction during lock down very sad anyone who takes their own life. Those of us who have never had suicidal thoughts or suffered with mental illness to a degree to contemplate taking our own life really don't know how lucky we are.

2 hours ago, Borr said:

Mate if you're gonna leave kids behind, then whatever it takes you get help, change your life, habits , place you live whatever. But you don't abandon children..

just think how low some one must be feeling that they still think it's the best thing to do even though kids are involved???

1 minute ago, South hams hunter said:

i know a few that have chose suicide and their ages have varied from 20 to 70 and all barring one youd have never guessed it was going to happen. its becoming increasingly 'popular' among young men and you can see why, look at the pressure thats put on people 

Both woman and men mate..and children 

• Like 1

These days it seems like everyone's to wrapped up in their own lives to give any consideration to others around them ... sometimes a friendly word,a good morning,how are you?can make a massive difference to how some folks are feeling?

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2