• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Very very recently I found out a friend of mine committed suicide. 31yr old. Top lad. Life of the party. Recently married. So much life left. Yet he felt he had no other option that to hang himself in

I'm afraid I have to agree with you 100% on that. My son (only child) killed himself recently. He was found hanging in woodland in a small village in East Sussex during that heatwave in July, was

Selfish act??  You lads really haven't a clue!

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, mushroom said:

Ok, I f***ing hate that I have pattern baldness... that numpty of me father married me mam and she gave it to me... like herpes, it's not going away ?

I’ll tell you what would cure that………1 million dollars ! Lol ? 

• Haha 2
Just now, mushroom said:

Back to the topic, men and women will end themselves over this. The world is fuucked up mate.

As my old guvnor used to say, if you don’t laugh you’d cry mate ;)  

• Like 4
3 hours ago, socks said:

Well I’ve just come across a woman trying to jump off a bridge with two coppers hanging on to her so I pulled over ran up the bank and helped pull her over to safety. She had apparently just been released from police custody and was suffering from a mental illness …. Before 

1DE56431-2D2B-4417-BEAC-35238B59532E.jpeg.a463570cb16a4a29f8c10115e7c284ef.jpeg

after ….

311D1458-F483-42B7-B57B-87C164BA0043.jpeg.a7ec58f2f7c78f4102cfadcb77b7bc1f.jpeg

that’s my good deed for the week …..

Good man Socks, well done.

This is the kind of crap we were up against with my son...

A mental health patient says he was discharged from hospital with "the rope he tried to hang himself with" just three days before.

Daniel Durrant, 40, was admitted to the Shrewsbury Ward at Oxleas House, based at Queen Elizabeth Hospital in Woolwich, on July 30 after he was found with a rope around his neck on a bridge over the A2 in Charlton.

Police were called when members of the public saw him on the wrong side of the barrier tying rope to the railings.

Officers were able to pull him back and he was sectioned under the Mental Health Act.

Daniel spent three days in hospital before being discharged, and says there was no mention of a follow-up or names of people to contact.

He told News Shopper: “I was discharged because they said the environment was wrong for me and I was referred to Bexley housing.”

He added: “When I left they handed me the rope I had used to try and hang myself. They handed me all my possessions, even my shoelaces. It’s like they want me to go and try again.”

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

They held an internal enquiry to see if they failed my son and nowhere on the 8 page report does it say they did anything wrong or could have improved the situation. The woman who wrote up the report just omitted anything negative just to cover the backs of her staff. 

We had the Eastbourne Coroners Office on the phone a couple of hours ago as they had received a copy of said report and they will be informing the woman she has to attend the inquest as there are questions needing answers. I hope they throw the fcuking book at her, how dare she dismiss my sons life so trivially.

• Thanks 3
  • Sad 5
3 minutes ago, Mister Gain said:

A mental health patient says he was discharged from hospital with "the rope he tried to hang himself with" just three days before.

Daniel Durrant, 40, was admitted to the Shrewsbury Ward at Oxleas House, based at Queen Elizabeth Hospital in Woolwich, on July 30 after he was found with a rope around his neck on a bridge over the A2 in Charlton.

Police were called when members of the public saw him on the wrong side of the barrier tying rope to the railings.

Officers were able to pull him back and he was sectioned under the Mental Health Act.

Daniel spent three days in hospital before being discharged, and says there was no mention of a follow-up or names of people to contact.

He told News Shopper: “I was discharged because they said the environment was wrong for me and I was referred to Bexley housing.”

He added: “When I left they handed me the rope I had used to try and hang myself. They handed me all my possessions, even my shoelaces. It’s like they want me to go and try again.”

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

They held an internal enquiry to see if they failed my son and nowhere on the 8 page report does it say they did anything wrong or could have improved the situation. The woman who wrote up the report just omitted anything negative just to cover the backs of her staff. 

We had the Eastbourne Coroners Office on the phone a couple of hours ago as they had received a copy of said report and they will be informing the woman she has to attend the inquest as there are questions needing answers. I hope they throw the fcuking book at her, how dare she dismiss my sons life so trivially.

Please accept my condolences however trivial they may seem. My heart to you and your family. 

• Like 2
11 minutes ago, Mister Gain said:

I've not got the correct words, who has? but I sincerley wish you and your family the very best and offer my condolences for your loss, it is heart breaking reading mate.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Just now, Greyman said:

No that was to make your willy look bigger ?

Read the room ?‍♂️?

I always feel laughter and connection beats any pill or diagnosis but the reality is, real mental illness will wipe the mate/son/daughter/father/mother etc from their SD card and leave them behind wondering, feeling alone and uncared for. 

Have you ever been in a fight alone, jumped and battled your way out. Afterwards you wonder, where was my back up, how did I do that? You feel alone, furious and pumped! That times a God knows amount has a serious effect on any man/woman, especially when the battle is in the head. I was told that's being a man. Maybe.. but kids nowadays ain't built like that, yet they are kinda told the same.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, WILF said:

I can see the headline now:

”Worlds only pregnant man saves woman from suicide” 

(He obviously wasn’t expecting to get away with no piss take ! Lol ) 

I grew my belly for just this sort of emergency. It acted as a cantilever to whip her up and over the bridge barrier ?

• Haha 5
7 minutes ago, mushroom said:

Read the room ?‍♂️?

I always feel laughter and connection beats any pill or diagnosis but the reality is, real mental illness will wipe the mate/son/daughter/father/mother etc from their SD card and leave them behind wondering, feeling alone and uncared for. 

Have you ever been in a fight alone, jumped and battled your way out. Afterwards you wonder, where was my back up, how did I do that? You feel alone, furious and pumped! That times a God knows amount has a serious effect on any man/woman, especially when the battle is in the head. I was told that's being a man. Maybe.. but kids nowadays ain't built like that, yet they are kinda told the same.

I hear you mate, I have suffered every kind of abuse you could imagine from child hood, but I have always been a fighter and the day the fight goes from a man you have nothing else left, i,m very good at putting things in mental box’s and packing them away, I,ve also learnt not to hate people as it consumes you, but more importantly I,ve learnt to like myself, which ain’t easy when you have been put down and told how worthless you are from a very young age, it’s taken me nearly 60 years to fathom out, but I,m probably more happy and content than at any stage in my life, 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
16 minutes ago, mushroom said:

Read the room ?‍♂️?

I think it’s a fine balance mate between knowing when to wrap an arm round someone and knowing when to say “Stop being a f***ing pansy”……..not everyone is being a pansy, some are genuinely in bits…..and some are just a pansy.

But that said, the biggest thing someone has experienced is still big to them even if it’s nothing to you.

Humility and humanity go a long way in life no matter what.

• Like 4