3 minutes ago, tb25 said:

They haven't a clue most mate..its so hard to understand..its hard to help those who have gone past help

I read this sentence somewhere before..

The biggest prison people live in is in there own mind..

And I think it's right enough..very very complex mate..

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Very very recently I found out a friend of mine committed suicide. 31yr old. Top lad. Life of the party. Recently married. So much life left. Yet he felt he had no other option that to hang himself in

I'm afraid I have to agree with you 100% on that. My son (only child) killed himself recently. He was found hanging in woodland in a small village in East Sussex during that heatwave in July, was

Selfish act??  You lads really haven't a clue!

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, Greb147 said:

Did they find yours after they did all the scans and that mate? 

Well the doctor said after viewing the scans..

Dean I can clearly see why you don't tolerate feck shorts or fools in everyday life.

And he also said that every village or little town has a few..and they can so be found in the workplace ?

• Haha 1
14 hours ago, Daniel cain said:

Then stick around and look after her ?..I would happily go to prison if some cnut thinks they can make my kids lives hell...I f***ing hate Bullies with a passion..you always protect your own?

I'd be the same i nearly ended up going to prison last year over some cnut bashing his mrs infont of his kid, until i put a stop to it

Edited by peterhunter86

I’ve lost several friends to suicide and the greatest advice I ever received was if you understood why they did it you would be in their shoes and it’s pointless to try

all of them had great things going for them

one Of them was an incredible artist and incredibly charismatic

he hung him self with his Brazilian jiu jitsu belt and was an absolute monster on the mats 

he would have been a legend for sure

RIP to them all

• Like 3

I didn't think it would get this response lads and such a wide open discussion so it shows how prevalent the issue is. Also I don't think I've ever seen a topic on here reach 13 pages without getting frozen, other than the good jokes thread.

I was listening to one of the korda podcasts the other day and it was with a doctor/phsycologist that runs the 'thrive' program that DF has been on since his cancer issues. I didn't agree with some of the stuff he said but I am always open to other views and discussions. 

One of the main things he said that stuck with me were his belief as to why going to the doctors for depression doesn't work was because they did 2 things

1- told you it wasn't your fault.......therefore you are powerless to do anything about it.

2 - prescribed drugs to take the feeling away......therefore when you get used to the drugs or they remove them the feeling comes back.

His belief and program was around controlling your own mind and although something may very well not have been your fault it does not mean your emotional and mental response to it cannot be within your control. 

DF was totally preaching about what the programme did for him. Also apparantley helped a lot of ex forces guys with PTSD etc.

If anyone is interested have a look for the podcast. It is worth a listen.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Suicide is the most common cause of death for men under 50 

The latest UK suicide figures show that on average just under 6,000 people take their own lives every year. Three-quarters of them are men.

Suicide is the leading cause of death for men under 50. You can quote the statistics about suicide, but it is hard to convey the devastation with just numbers. A suicide is like a rock thrown into the water with the ripples spreading outwards, covering family, friends, soaking work colleagues, acquaintances, the wider community.

Why so many men? Again, the research, including Samaritans’ Men and Suicide report, shows how complex the issue is. In the report, men talk about relationships breaking down, separation from children, job loss, addiction, lack of close friendships, loneliness and being unable to open up. We also know that deprivation is a major factor in male suicide, increasing the odds of taking your life by 10 times, compared with the suicide risk of more affluent men.

Cheers, D.

• Like 4