3 minutes ago, VOON said:

What does exercise do to help you?

Am terrible at writing down how I think and feel..I haven't the word mate..

I walk out the gym feeling a million pound..I work my back alot..makes me stand tall...I would say its like a drug to me now..and a bloddy good one. 

I have so much to say but I carnt put pen to paper..if I could you would get a assay lol

• Like 5

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Very very recently I found out a friend of mine committed suicide. 31yr old. Top lad. Life of the party. Recently married. So much life left. Yet he felt he had no other option that to hang himself in

I'm afraid I have to agree with you 100% on that. My son (only child) killed himself recently. He was found hanging in woodland in a small village in East Sussex during that heatwave in July, was

Selfish act??  You lads really haven't a clue!

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, WILF said:

And there you have it brother, a bloke being the change he wants and having an affect much wider than himself…..didn’t cost him a thing to do it and he is remembered for it.

I read a really good thing in a novel once, the main character was talking to his elderly mum and saying how he felt helpless in the face of a big situation with powerful people who would overwhelm him and his loved ones.…..so he was probably going to turn his back and leave well alone.

His mum slapped him round the face, that being the first time she had ever hit him and said:

God put good and evil in the world in equal measure, when you do something good it puts a little bit more good in the world but if you see evil and do nothing then evil wins…..if you are a good person then do good and help good flourish.

That always stuck with me, it can be as simple as not being pig ignorant at a supermarket check out…..little acts of kindness wether that be a “good morning, how are you” or just not being a total arsehole to someone less fortunate than yourself increases the good and that helps everyone.

Im not an out going person really but I've made a real effort to talk to people. An easy one to start with is people on checkouts, just smile and thank them genuinely, have a brief crack with em and hope they have a good shift. Speak to the bored security guard. Stop your conversation when a waitress comes to your table and give them your attention and look at them as you thank them. 

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, tb25 said:

Am terrible at writing down how I think and feel..I haven't the word mate..

I walk out the gym feeling a million pound..I work my back alot..makes me stand tall...I would say its like a drug to me now..and a bloddy good one. 

I have so much to say but I carnt put pen to paper..if I could you would get a assay lol

Good……I head out on the bike now….been doing it for a couple of years now…don’t like the effort of going out sometimes but once I’m out for ten minutes, I’m flying it….concentrating on pushing the pedals, focus’s the mind. This seems to allow stressors to float away and lots of solutions to problems come to me when exercising, or least become minimal…..

I do think the term mental health is overused now.  I know people who have suffered with mental health and most people have no idea how much they suffer.

exercise and a bit of fresh air are great tonics…..

• Like 1
1 minute ago, VOON said:

Good……I head out on the bike now….been doing it for a couple of years now…don’t like the effort of going out sometimes but once I’m out for ten minutes, I’m flying it….concentrating on pushing the pedals, focus’s the mind. This seems to allow stressors to float away and lots of solutions to problems come to me when exercising, or least become minimal…..

I do think the term mental health is overused now.  I know people who have suffered with mental health and most people have no idea how much they suffer.

exercise and a bit of fresh air are great tonics…..

The mental health word is very over used..and people use it to there advantage. 

I fell out with a lad at work not long back as he used for days of work.

That's despicable in my mind

29 minutes ago, DIDO.1 said:

Im not an out going person really but I've made a real effort to talk to people. An easy one to start with is people on checkouts, just smile and thank them genuinely, have a brief crack with em and hope they have a good shift. Speak to the bored security guard. Stop your conversation when a waitress comes to your table and give them your attention and look at them as you thank them. 

Absolutely spot on mate ?

12 minutes ago, tb25 said:

The mental health word is very over used..and people use it to there advantage. 

I fell out with a lad at work not long back as he used for days of work.

That's despicable in my mind

Yes the widespread use of it, trivialises the issue’s that people who are suffering have to endure.

keeping pumping Fella, and good Luck in the future…

1 minute ago, VOON said:

Yes the widespread use of it, trivialises the issue’s that people who are suffering have to endure.

keeping pumping Fella, and good Luck in the future…

To stubborn to go anywhere mate..thank you...

Am OK if I don't relax..so try not to

1 hour ago, WILF said:

I have visited more nicks than I ever wanted to in my life, they are without exception f***ing horrible places……what does that say about life when prison is the better way of being alive ? 
That’s a damning indictment of society that is…….it’s positively Victorian ! 

I have heard some young lad's on the estate i live talking about prison as though its some badge of honour sad as feck .

1 minute ago, tatsblisters said:

I have heard some young lad's on the estate i live talking about prison as though its some badge of honour sad as feck .

There young...they will learn...

1 hour ago, Greyman said:

I,d not want to go back again, but I look at it now as another chapter in the colourful book of my life, a fool keeps making the same mistakes but if you learn from them and move on they were worth making, 

You loved the showers ! ?

• Haha 1
59 minutes ago, DIDO.1 said:

Good post mate. I like a bit of banter with people on the checkout or people serving table etc. Also having good relations with neighbours and caring for folk. The old lady across the road I did her shopping and gave her at least three hot meal a week, was easy to make a little extra and do you know it made me feel good helping out. BIess her she was 94 I think and passed about a year ago now. I am lucky, I live in a small town in Devon where people do seem neighbourly obviously it's not the same everywhere. I take a neighbour some mushrooms they bring round some apples etc. In my opinion this breeds some wellbeing. 

Cheers Arry

• Like 5