3 minutes ago, mushroom said:

I was brought up to not talk about feelings, be a man etc... Only after moving here and experiencing friends being open and different etc did I change. I've never even hugged my dad ffs, yet when I meet up with these mates, it's a hug and kisses on both cheeks ?‍♂️

Seems a lot of others are happy to share and help each other these days, without being labelled gay ?

Gay ! Lol 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Very very recently I found out a friend of mine committed suicide. 31yr old. Top lad. Life of the party. Recently married. So much life left. Yet he felt he had no other option that to hang himself in

I'm afraid I have to agree with you 100% on that. My son (only child) killed himself recently. He was found hanging in woodland in a small village in East Sussex during that heatwave in July, was

Selfish act??  You lads really haven't a clue!

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, mushroom said:

I was brought up to not talk about feelings, be a man etc... Only after moving here and experiencing friends being open and different etc did I change. I've never even hugged my dad ffs, yet when I meet up with these mates, it's a hug and kisses on both cheeks ?‍♂️

Seems a lot of others are happy to share and help each other these days, without being labelled gay ?

We no your not with the amount of woman you get by lol

• Haha 1
4 hours ago, tb25 said:

Talked with professional people since I was 3 mate..am 39 now..

The best I ever felt when I did prison for the first time 2 years back as mad as the sound..I felt content..

4 hours ago, FOXHUNTER said:

Dont understand that as that's one thing that would lead me to it.....

Prison takes away all your responsibility’s, no bills to pay, cloth,s to buy or choose no wondering what’s for tea, your life is organised and structured for you if you don’t mind loosing your liberty,s it’s quite a safe environment ??

• Like 2
25 minutes ago, mushroom said:

Bender ???

I have visited more nicks than I ever wanted to in my life, they are without exception f***ing horrible places……what does that say about life when prison is the better way of being alive ? 
That’s a damning indictment of society that is…….it’s positively Victorian ! 

• Like 2
4 hours ago, Daniel cain said:

These days it seems like everyone's to wrapped up in their own lives to give any consideration to others around them ... sometimes a friendly word,a good morning,how are you?can make a massive difference to how some folks are feeling?

That’s a very very good post that . 

when I first joined the army , I barely knew my top corridor of people , you never met anyone in those positions  really unless you were in trouble or promoted . 
when 

my old troop commander was made the unit 2ic (second only until the oc , a feted position in the army) , every Monday morning before parade , he’d go round sake hands and ask every single person from the 
Most battle hardened colour sgt to the lowliest Pte how was your weekend ?? 

you genuinely felt appreciated, and it built bonds over rank and troop structures. 

it is in the little things . 

• Like 1
Just now, Greyman said:

Nor me mate but sometimes the judge had different ideas to mine ??

Your last post sums it up..I felt free and happy...with out being free..

Ffs my probation officer thought this mans tapped when I told her I have no problem going back lol

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, WILF said:

I have visited more nicks than I ever wanted to in my life, they are without exception f***ing horrible places……what does that say about life when prison is the better way of being alive ? 

It's very sad when you think about mate..but it's a real thing..

1 minute ago, WILF said:

I,d not want to go back again, but I look at it now as another chapter in the colourful book of my life, a fool keeps making the same mistakes but if you learn from them and move on they were worth making, 

I've recently experienced a mental health situation in the family, had lots of professional support plus close friends (we ain't got many?) and family, we seem to be "out of the woods" at the moment. 

Get all the help you can from every source because there is a cure out there, the hard bit is finding it.

Cheers, D.

13 minutes ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

That’s a very very good post that . 

when I first joined the army , I barely knew my top corridor of people , you never met anyone in those positions  really unless you were in trouble or promoted . 
when 

my old troop commander was made the unit 2ic (second only until the oc , a feted position in the army) , every Monday morning before parade , he’d go round sake hands and ask every single person from the 
Most battle hardened colour sgt to the lowliest Pte how was your weekend ?? 

you genuinely felt appreciated, and it built bonds over rank and troop structures. 

it is in the little things . 

And there you have it brother, a bloke being the change he wants and having an affect much wider than himself…..didn’t cost him a thing to do it and he is remembered for it.

I read a really good thing in a novel once, the main character was talking to his elderly mum and saying how he felt helpless in the face of a big situation with powerful people who would overwhelm him and his loved ones.…..so he was probably going to turn his back and leave well alone.

His mum slapped him round the face, that being the first time she had ever hit him and said:

“God put good and evil in the world in equal measure, when you do something good it puts a little bit more good in the world but if you see evil and do nothing then evil wins…..if you are a good person then do good and help good flourish.”

That always stuck with me, it can be as simple as not being pig ignorant at a supermarket check out…..little acts of kindness wether that be a “good morning, how are you” or just not being a total arsehole to someone less fortunate than yourself increases the good and that helps everyone.

Edited by WILF
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1