• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Very very recently I found out a friend of mine committed suicide. 31yr old. Top lad. Life of the party. Recently married. So much life left. Yet he felt he had no other option that to hang himself in

I'm afraid I have to agree with you 100% on that. My son (only child) killed himself recently. He was found hanging in woodland in a small village in East Sussex during that heatwave in July, was

Selfish act??  You lads really haven't a clue!

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, tb25 said:

I beleave some are some are not...some times the brain just isn't right..exercise and keeping busy is so important...but very hard on the body..I sleep 3 hours a day..have done for years now ..I recently left my job after 6 years..better hours..lifes moving in a positive way..

I'm glad things are getting better and you having a good woman certaintly helps I would be fecked without mine and your lad is back so hopefully things keep getting better for you 

12 minutes ago, tb25 said:

I beleave some are some are not...some times the brain just isn't right..exercise and keeping busy is so important...but very hard on the body..I sleep 3 hours a day..have done for years now ..I recently left my job after 6 years..better hours..lifes moving in a positive way..

I don't know what his findings was as I would rather shite in my hands a clap than talk to him but he was convinced there is a strong link to some same as you said 

Edited by Blackmag
3 minutes ago, Blackmag said:

I'm glad things are getting better and you having a good woman certaintly helps I would be fecked without mine and your lad is back so hopefully things keep getting better for you 

This new job is very temporary...am hoping to be working back out doors soon..

I won't give up on my fight ..it comes and goes..everyday you never no...

Taking your own life takes so much balls and some think it's the easy way out..its not..

Am hoping in a few years I can help others..

• Like 1
23 minutes ago, WILF said:

Sitting here reading these genuine heart felt stories just makes me very, very sad.

And the worst of it is, this is the story of millions of people, it must be, a small hunting forum with a limited number of contributors can’t be in any way so special that it has a higher than average count of people who have been touched by these issues.

I don’t know if I’m right or wrong but I have said for years that the various pressures put on people today are terrible and it seem the screw only gets turned more and more on folks.

The demands of living today are abuse in any other sphere of life…..but it’s just regarded as “normal” or “well what can you do?” or “well that’s  life”

Nah, it f***ing ain’t, to me that half the problem……people can’t have a life.

So many men (and women) must reach a stage out there where they have been knocking their pan in for 20 years and still don’t seem to be able to get forward…..just as that light appears here is some other pointy nosed c**t turned up to snatch it away.

Its remorseless and it’s relentless, we ain’t meant to live like this head down/arse up…..we are social creatures. 

Sitting in your 3 bed box on an estate of thousands, surrounded by security cameras for when (not if!) someone turns up to rob your small collection of things, worrying when your kids go out, fine for this, fixed penalty for that, council put up 5% as if people are just going to dive down the back of the sofa and dig out another grand.

A f***ing inquest if you want to take 2 grand of your own money out the bank in readies, police check points looking for another fine while some c**t is serving up crack totally buck shee! 

Imho, make no mistake, this is a social problem……this social model is broken and it’s breaking people with it.

We hear the phrase “Be kind”……it’s very, very hard for a bloke with 3 kids and half a million quids worth of mortgage wrapped round him for a house in a ghetto to be kind when every time he steps out the door nobody is being kind to him.

This is all f***ing broken imho and the sooner we stop playing ball as a collective (not just a few thousand here and there) the better……and the sooner people can stop taken a way out that’s tragic !

fkn hell wilf   .i nearly went in the shed too look for a rope after reading that  ,, im close to 70 years old now had good and bad times  seen abit..  im still here  and hopefully  for a good while yet  if you let it get to you  it will  .the fkrs wont beat me down pal   ...

• Like 5
10 minutes ago, tb25 said:

This new job is very temporary...am hoping to be working back out doors soon..

I won't give up on my fight ..it comes and goes..everyday you never no...

Taking your own life takes so much balls and some think it's the easy way out..its not..

Am hoping in a few years I can help others..

I don’t believe taking your own life takes balls mate, imho what it takes is reaching rock bottom hopelessness…..and that is just a terribly sad thing.

The lie they want to sell you in this world is that you don’t have a choice, you do, there’s always a way to better your situation…..you can do anything, go anywhere…….

• Like 1

I don't know if this is right or not but hobbies and interests I think help. I like gardening and you have to plan ahead and watch the rewards. I am keen at foraging, fishing, ferreting now started metal detecting as if I needed another hobby. But it keeps the mind active thinking where you are going what bait you are going to use where you might find stuff wether that be fungi or treasure if you get what I mean. I have had some massive up sets in my life losing one of my lads 19 years ago and more recently my 16 month old granddaughter in the spring. In my view keeping active and having to plan ahead helps big time.

I am not trying to belittle depression at all just think it might help. Atb

Cheers Arry

• Like 8

I honestly don't think what I have is depression 

Some months back I was diagnosed with bpd....took a long time.

Now they beleave I may have other things going on..

But to be diagnosed takes a long long time...

12 minutes ago, riohog said:

fkn hell wilf   .i nearly went in the shed too look for a rope after reading that  ,, im close to 70 years old now had good and bad times  seen abit..  im still here  and hopefully  for a good while yet  if you let it get to you  it will  .the fkrs wont beat me down pal   ...

It wasn’t intended to make people feel bad mate, it was more to say “Yeah, there’s a problem, it’s effecting millions and it’s not your fault” 

They changed the goal posts on mine and subsequent generations mate, they tore up that social contract.

Now they are just tearing the arse out of people and its wrong……it’s not for no reason that we have seen this tragedy unfold over the last decade or so.

How many times did you hear about this when you were 20 or 30 ? 
I know I never, and it was happening long before we ever heard of Covid and lock downs.

There has to be a reason.

Edited by WILF
3 minutes ago, WILF said:

It wasn’t intended to make people feel bad mate, it was more to say “Yeah, there’s a problem, it’s effecting millions and it’s not your fault” 

They changed the goal posts on mine and subsequent generations mate, they tore up that social contract.

Now they are just tearing the arse out of people and its wrong……it’s not for no reason that we have seen this tragedy unfold over the last decade or so.

How many times did you hear about this when you were 20 or 30 ? 
I know I never, and it was happening long before we ever heard of Covid and lock downs.

There has to be a reason.

i never fell ito the must have thing , i dont own a credit card  , dont need one ,i look back and say  fkn hell i wouldnt mind doing it all again ,,mental health issues  dont think ive ever had any  i was to fkn busy  working!!!

1 minute ago, riohog said:

i never fell ito the must have thing , i dont own a credit card  , dont need one ,i look back and say  fkn hell i wouldnt mind doing it all again ,,mental health issues  dont think ive ever had any  i was to fkn busy  working!!!

Likewise mate, but it’s a bit of an “I’m alright jack” attitude (and I don’t mean that in a rude way at all)……just because I’m alright and your alright don’t mean there ain’t a problem.

What are we if we don’t confront the wrongs in our society on behalf of people who are worse off than ourself ? 

I didn’t like what I was seeing and I didn’t want to sacrifice my kids at the alter of this perversion of a society so I just said “f**k this” and left…..I was lucky that I was in a position to do so…..

However, I have come to realise that anyone can say “f**k this” if they want to and if we are easy enough on them not to judge them……

• Like 2
2 hours ago, mushroom said:

I've been with the mrs just over a year and a half and in that time 3 or 4 of her friends have killed themselves. All in their 20's ffs! What is going on in that generation where death is seen as the only escape?

Everything is money mate 

Buy endless worthless material possessions, and this seasons must haves

Buy weight loss 

Buy surgeons scalpel good looks etc

I mean if they just went out for plenty of exercise and fresh air they could acquire and maintain it all buck shee, like me 

IMG_20211009_090004.jpg

• Like 5
  • Haha 1
3 minutes ago, WILF said:

Likewise mate, but it’s a bit of an “I’m alright jack” attitude (and I don’t mean that in a rude way at all)……just because I’m alright and your alright don’t mean there ain’t a problem.

What are we if we don’t confront the wrongs in our society on behalf of people who are worse off than ourself ? 

I didn’t like what I was seeing and I didn’t want to sacrifice my kids at the alter of this perversion of a society so I just said “f**k this” and left…..I was lucky that I was in a position to do so…..

However, I have come to realise that anyone can say “f**k this” if they want to and if we are easy enough on them not to judge them……

i do hear what your saying , but alot infact most of these issues are self inflicted  .and it comes down to ££££££££££££s  im from that age if i cant afford it i cant have it ,now it may sound cruel but dont come knocking on my door cos you got into dept and its giving me mental issues  ,folk need to be educated ,but you can lead a horse to water pal  but you cant make it drink  

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Greyman said:

Funny I was just wondering what the rates of suicide are in country,s were people have nothing but are happy and still look out for one another in comparison to us that surround ourselves in false shite to try and make ourselves happy while treading on each other to get it, I would imaging it’s quite a contrast, ??

I remember a documentary where a group of lads along with the chief or some elder come to spend time with a couple of family's in the UK, they were from the island of Tanna 

Anyway one day as they were being driven the elder asked in his native language one of the young fellas why were some people sitting out on the streets, when he learned they were homeless he was that upset he asked to be taken back to the place they were staying 

Money is rare where they come from, he couldn't understand how a country as wealthy as this could have people without a home, and said if somebody didn't have anywhere to live where they come from they would build them a place

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
20 minutes ago, riohog said:

i do hear what your saying , but alot infact most of these issues are self inflicted  .and it comes down to ££££££££££££s  im from that age if i cant afford it i cant have it ,now it may sound cruel but dont come knocking on my door cos you got into dept and its giving me mental issues  ,folk need to be educated ,but you can lead a horse to water pal  but you cant make it drink  

Point is mate, everything is set up to put people in that position.

I spent nearly my whole life round people where every day you are having to look for the angle……I like to think I know a 3 card trick when I see one…..and I do see one.

How many time on here do you see people slagging off someone on benefits ?…….but what if that is what is saving their life ?

Its a lie sold to us that some poor b*****d copping £200 a week to live on the breadline somehow has more of an effect on us than the government ironing a hundred billion quid in subsidy to China or a contract to their mates ! 

We are f***ing brutal to each other because society is set up to be brutal to us……we have to turn all that caper in !

No wonder people don’t want to seek help or feel ashamed, they are going to get judged by every b*****d.

I know I always come off as a bit of a nut job on these subjects but it’s how I feel…..people should matter, they shouldn’t be stringing themselves up from trees in their thousands.

Edited by WILF
  • Like 3
  • Sad 1