Very very recently I found out a friend of mine committed suicide. 31yr old. Top lad. Life of the party. Recently married. So much life left. Yet he felt he had no other option that to hang himself in some shitty digs down south.

Why/how does it get to this? He had so many people that loved him and would give him all week if he asked or opened up. No one suspected anything.

With what we have all been through this last couple yr, what is going to come in the next couple and the pressure that still sits on the man to be the bread winner and have the best house and best car etc I expect there is a greater risk now than ever.

I was with mutual friends when we found out so we had real propa drink in his memory as knowing him he would have wanted.

He has left tons of friends, a young wife, a mother and father all totally devastated. I don't suppose he ever considered that.

Please fellas if you are ever that low or anywhere remotely near reach out to someone, anyone.

No matter how bad things are with work/life/money it can be dealt with.

Here I am at 01.45 sat up drinking, thinking, upset and writing about it. And I was just a friend. I cannot imagine how his wife or parents are feeling.

Please don't do that to the people around you.

Someone cares more than you know.

• Like 18
  • Sad 5

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Very very recently I found out a friend of mine committed suicide. 31yr old. Top lad. Life of the party. Recently married. So much life left. Yet he felt he had no other option that to hang himself in

I'm afraid I have to agree with you 100% on that. My son (only child) killed himself recently. He was found hanging in woodland in a small village in East Sussex during that heatwave in July, was

Selfish act??  You lads really haven't a clue!

Posted Images

Sorry to hear to hear that ryaldinhio got the same news about  a mate about 7 weeks back stunned when i heard it. The nicest fella ya could ever meet always in good form couldnt do enough for people words coundnt do this man justice but unfortunately we just never know what somebody is thinking mental health is a big thing talking  helps if only they would reach out and ask for themeslves cause he was always there for everyone else. 

1 hour ago, riohog said:

bad do that  , im sure drink and drugs  play a strong part ,maybe he should have considered the devestation he would leave behind before he did it  ...

When you have mental health problems , you think the world and people would be better off without you , you don't think they'd be upset to see you gone ect ect ..

Drink and drugs may play a big part for some , but there's plenty of people who don't do either yet they suffer and get suicidal with mental health problems

• Like 7

It's definitely a good idea to understand that suicide is a selfish act, preferably when you're in a good place but to the extent that it stays in your subconscious and becomes a trigger to drag your ass out of self pity and depression, obviously mental illness doesn't always work like that....sorry to hear about your mate.

• Like 1
17 minutes ago, tb25 said:

Selfish act??  You lads really haven't a clue!

Mate if you're gonna leave kids behind, then whatever it takes you get help, change your life, habits , place you live whatever. But you don't abandon children..

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
4 minutes ago, Borr said:

Mate if you're gonna leave kids behind, then whatever it takes you get help, change your life, habits , place you live whatever. But you don't abandon children..

I totally agree mate, but I don’t think people like to hear that so I try to stay out of things like this and accept my feelings and emotions are slightly different to many, it’s a topic with so many variables ??

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Greyman said:

I totally agree mate, but I don’t think people like to hear that so I try to stay out of things like this and accept my feelings and emotions are slightly different to many, it’s a topic with so many variables ??

Yep fair enough, and yes it's emotive. ?

1 hour ago, Borr said:

It's definitely a good idea to understand that suicide is a selfish act, preferably when you're in a good place but to the extent that it stays in your subconscious and becomes a trigger to drag your ass out of self pity and depression, obviously mental illness doesn't always work like that....sorry to hear about your mate.

the people doing it feel its their only option and that their loved ones would be better off without them. to them its helping others

2 minutes ago, tb25 said:

To someone like yourself borr mate who has never felt so low and desperate it can seem a selfish act..and I can understand people feeling like it is..

You don't know where I've been, respectfully.

• Like 3