Lamping

6 minutes ago, AndyD89 said:

Do u take the vizla u mentioned with u ferreting?? I’d imagine it could be handy around a warren , using its nose marking holes etc, probs nab a few as they bolt ?

I haven’t yet but I should give her a go on a long lead maybe because she’s bad with sheep. I don’t know if I’d need to ask the farmer but I’ve got permission to go ferreting 

• Haha 2

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If uv got a lamp, air rifle and ferrets best way to learn is to just get yourself out after em as much as possible. Every escaped rabbit and unsuccessful trip out will be a learning curve ( nowt wrong

Sorry I can't talk 2 u again ? 

Always work to a dogs strength, something it took me a while to realise , I'd bet your dog would find some trouble in cover if you put the time in ?

Posted Images

16 minutes ago, _Lewis_ said:

I haven’t yet but I should give her a go on a long lead maybe because she’s bad with sheep. I don’t know if I’d need to ask the farmer but I’ve got permission to go ferreting 

Would just work on getting it steady around livestock an getting a decent degree of control with it. before trying to take it out with u. If it’s abit loosey goosey then it’ll be a right nightmare haha ?u don’t want a dog bouncing around on the end of lead in one hand all day while ur ferreting.  Stick at tho an ul get there.  good luck with it all bud ?

• Like 1
1 hour ago, AndyD89 said:

Would just work on getting it steady around livestock an getting a decent degree of control with it. before trying to take it out with u. If it’s abit loosey goosey then it’ll be a right nightmare haha ?u don’t want a dog bouncing around on the end of lead in one hand all day while ur ferreting.  Stick at tho an ul get there.  good luck with it all bud ?

Could I request that u never say loosey goosey again,its kicked off my dermatitis 

• Haha 2