Lamping

I’ve never been lamping before and know much about it but when you go lamping should you put the red filter on or not.Because it’s hardest to see with the red filter but isn’t that invisible to animals? And then the normal light isn’t that good because it blinds the rabbits or makes them confused? I pointed my lamp up a field from my house so there was no other way of me scarring the rabbit but when I put the lamp on the rabbit it ran away but how is lamping possible if the rabbits run away as soon as they see the light? I don’t know anything about lamping and I’m  just trying to find out a bit

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If uv got a lamp, air rifle and ferrets best way to learn is to just get yourself out after em as much as possible. Every escaped rabbit and unsuccessful trip out will be a learning curve ( nowt wrong

Sorry I can't talk 2 u again ? 

Always work to a dogs strength, something it took me a while to realise , I'd bet your dog would find some trouble in cover if you put the time in ?

Posted Images

16 minutes ago, _Lewis_ said:

I’ve never been lamping before and know much about it but when you go lamping should you put the red filter on or not.Because it’s hardest to see with the red filter but isn’t that invisible to animals? And then the normal light isn’t that good because it blinds the rabbits or makes them confused? I pointed my lamp up a field from my house so there was no other way of me scarring the rabbit but when I put the lamp on the rabbit it ran away but how is lamping possible if the rabbits run away as soon as they see the light? I don’t know anything about lamping and I’m  just trying to find out a bit

Many about by you mate ?

• Like 1

I can't see nothing with a red filter , must be the colour blindness, but prior to the last year I've had perfect vision, could spot eyes miles off , but red filter couldn't tell if it was a sheep or a pug tbh

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
15 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

Have you got a rifle? Do you use Facebook? There’s a few very good air rifle shooters near you that have a group on Facebook ?

I’ve got an air rifle and I don’t use Facebook but I’ve got it. What’s the group called?

6 minutes ago, _Lewis_ said:

What’s wrong with them 

Fcuk all, mate, was just chewin the fat with brother neck.

Shot a few 'varmints' myself, pretty recently.  But I like to keep it quiet like.  A lot of these dog lads get upset by people that shoot, for some reason.  ?‍♂️

Oooh did I tap that out in plain site?! ?

Edited by shaaark
  • Like 1
Just now, dytkos said:

Really hope your genuine Lewis, fantastic seeing a learner wanting to learn ? 

Cheers, D.

Yeah I’m 16 and I’ve had an air rifle since I was probably around 9 but a cheap spring one that I used on rats and now I’ve got an s410 and ferrets and want to start properly going out.My dad and grandfather used to go out shooting foxes and sometimes rabbits but my grandfather has gone too old and my dad too busy but I wasn’t alive or I was too little when they used to go hunting so that’s a shame 

• Like 1