Bit of advice barble rods and reels

28 minutes ago, Councilestatekid said:

That would have been a fair dace I thought owt over about 6/7oz would be classed as a big dace over here 

Dace of that size are ten a penny on the ribble and lower calder , both rivers are absolutely stuffed with them  .

I should have weighed it and even had scales there but didn’t bother for some reason . Wez did take a shit picture of it as I had unhooked it but it was a shit picture 

• Like 1

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Don't get hung up on rod choice. I fish for barbel with anything from a 1lb tc 10 foot cane rod to a Travel Avon to a 12 foot 2lb tc carbon rod. The fish don't know or care what you are using.

It all depends on the river too as Danny will tell you if your fishing winter an fast flowing rivers like the trent near me you'll be wanting something decent that can hold bottom an punch a decent fe

If you ard fishng the Yorkshire and Lancashire rivers then a 1.75lb tc and 4000 reel will be fine. They are snaggy so you need breakaway clips on the feeder or lead and a tough hook length. Look for t

Posted Images

On 21/10/2021 at 19:55, Councilestatekid said:

My aunt lived in Glasgow used to go that barrows market with her family from Stirling area I lived in Killin so used to fish the lochy and dochart but that was on the fly

the dochart brings back some good memorys that does used to fish it a lot in my teens there was a mad aul fecker lived at the top of the dochart used to come round moaning about fires...lost a few weekends in that pub along from the dochart aswell ...big swimfeeder full off maggots an two drappers some nice broonies in that water