Winter jackets for the hounds..

2 hours ago, 3dumb said:

I'm clearly just a lot softer than you old gets ;) haha.

I just feel a prick all toasty warm in me shooting jacket as they shake like an alzheimers patient lol.

We’re all the same on here fella we all do things differently and do what we thinks right but it’s not wrong or right it’s just right by how we do things 

I’d just get in the local pet shop try some coats on the dog take some photos on ya phone ie size/style don’t take ya partner/wife then just say you gotta clear it with the other half…..then just go order offline the size an type you want ??

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There is nothing soft about wanting the best for your Jukels...? I've never had a working dog, be it a Whippet type or a roustabout rough coat, that ever needed a coat, when out and about..

I love my fur baby’s but not enough to start offering out fecking jackets the feckers will start acting like straight bedlingtons stood about doing feck all if I offered them a jacket ? I’m a cruel ma

Hard to beat a good coat on ur dog 

Posted Images

Never put a coat on a dog , but what ever ones been lamping will generally sleep in the house when we get home and after a long day on the hill they all tend to bunker down in the living room or kitchen 

C85829E8-DE60-48C2-B830-B0FC2C105D60.jpeg

• Like 4
2 hours ago, 3dumb said:

I'm clearly just a lot softer than you old gets ;) haha.

I just feel a prick all toasty warm in me shooting jacket as they shake like an alzheimers patient lol.

Just get a bigger blizzard coat if you like them, they go up to 30"

The greyhound kennel coats and walking out coats are all much the same

Edited by Gilbey

Never used a coat on any of my Dogs ever and for years I run whippets type lurchers very vine coats on  them in all weather's Never had a problem yes when you got home give them a.good.rub down good hot meal and a good straw Bed ?  But each to there own 

31 minutes ago, poxon said:

Behave you! It’s not one of them shivering skin an bone saluki bred things ?we don’t stand we keep moving or running on mate mine has a pretty decent natural coat tbh but always make sure a dogs properly  dried through after a night out or day out before bedding a dog down. What you’ve described sounds a perfect nights lamping weather.??

I could and have got away no coat mate but on a freezing cold day rain coming down wind howling with no cover for miles it'll cut threw any dogs coat  ? I'd have your digging itself into the side a the first Dyke we come to ? ?

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, Ferretman65 said:

Never used a coat on any of my Dogs ever and for years I run whippets type lurchers very vine coats on  them in all weather's Never had a problem yes when you got home give them a.good.rub down good hot meal and a good straw Bed ?  But each to there own 

Have a ball 

20210124_114028(0).jpg

1 minute ago, mC HULL said:

I could and have got away no coat mate but on a freezing cold day rain coming down wind howling with no cover for miles it'll cut threw any dogs coat  ? I'd have your digging itself into the side a the first Dyke we come to ? ?

Lamped many a nights on cold windy rainy sleety night with different dogs over the years but we’re moving about probably different if it’s miles of looking slow an steady walking abouts.  best coat on any running dog I’ve had or we have had as been collie xs 

• Like 1
9 hours ago, poxon said:

I love my fur baby’s but not enough to start offering out fecking jackets the feckers will start acting like straight bedlingtons stood about doing feck all if I offered them a jacket ? I’m a cruel man i know but believe the jacket they were born with is all they require if there moving about or running 

572653FE-E73C-4B7E-96E3-EDF589563CDF.jpeg

Hard to beat a good coat on ur dog Screenshot_20211021-200621_Photos.jpg.f6888ba31042fb7290862916ce00c545.jpg

• Like 7
1 minute ago, poxon said:

Lamped many a nights on cold windy rainy sleety night with different dogs over the years but we’re moving about probably different if it’s miles of looking slow an steady walking abouts.  best coat on any running dog I’ve had or we have had as been collie xs 

Lamping your hugging hedges coming threw hedges etc mate and normally run after run ?

Daytime you can be in the middle of it 

Not saying I haven't had nights were I've had to tuck up in cover soaked to the bone wind ruining me  ? 

• Like 1

My dogs never come in the house....... Never fancied cuddling up on the sofa with 40kg of bull X ? ,so the least I can do is jacket up the bitch anyway, the dog won't wear one....As  I have been involved with greyhounds for years too ,I just find it natural to jacket a dog after exercise anyhow, keep a dog warm and it will recover quickly after its been working, keeping  weight loss and injury to  a minimum.

• Like 3