Winter jackets for the hounds..

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There is nothing soft about wanting the best for your Jukels...? I've never had a working dog, be it a Whippet type or a roustabout rough coat, that ever needed a coat, when out and about..

I love my fur baby’s but not enough to start offering out fecking jackets the feckers will start acting like straight bedlingtons stood about doing feck all if I offered them a jacket ? I’m a cruel ma

Hard to beat a good coat on ur dog 

Posted Images

I've never used any kind of coat while they are out or working but, if the weather warrants it and they are wet or cold. I use equafleece jackets on them in the truck on the way home. It helps them dry out and warm up quicker. When we get back I take it off as it draws the moisture off so gets damp then they either sleep without or if it's proper cold they get a swapped into a dry one.

• Like 2
34 minutes ago, SheepChaser said:

Just been looking at the equafleeces, think I’m going to order some.

Currently give them a good rub down, bathe their feet and usually bring them in for a bit when I get home if they’ve had a hard run. 

D2071707-1455-438E-A8EF-F1720E91E15D.jpeg

4C04A520-3C2B-48B9-8E86-9218265243D3.jpeg

I recommend them, they come in a complete range of shapes and sizes so they fit all types

I have heat lamps over beds, so they are always warmed up and dry before sleep in winter. I have used coats on Greyhounds and whippets whilst road working but only in very cold weather. Some people use kennel coats instead of heating.

• Like 2
24 minutes ago, jeemes said:

I have heat lamps over beds, so they are always warmed up and dry before sleep in winter. I have used coats on Greyhounds and whippets whilst road working but only in very cold weather. Some people use kennel coats instead of heating.

I got some kennel cots 1 year  dog I had at the time ate his and the other dogs he were in with 

Miss that dog ?

2 minutes ago, Black neck said:

I got some kennel cots 1 year  dog I had at the time ate his and the other dogs he were in with 

Miss that dog ?

?They always need box muzzles on mate if left alone. Good tools the old box muzzle.

IMG_6092.jpg

19 hours ago, SheepChaser said:

Just been looking at the equafleeces, think I’m going to order some.

Currently give them a good rub down, bathe their feet and usually bring them in for a bit when I get home if they’ve had a hard run. 

D2071707-1455-438E-A8EF-F1720E91E15D.jpeg

4C04A520-3C2B-48B9-8E86-9218265243D3.jpeg

Same stamp as my bitch, bet he's action packed, you'll be having some fun mate

• Like 1