Winter jackets for the hounds..

How do,

Any recommendations on jackets for the hounds?

My bitch last year was in a blizzard jacket, good price and decent quality too, but she outgrew it before spring, and now the big lad's here as well, I wanna get em both wrapped up for our 5am wanders. 

I'm a cnut but not when it comes to me dogs and the poor feck's were visibly cold this morning. 

What you using?

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There is nothing soft about wanting the best for your Jukels...? I've never had a working dog, be it a Whippet type or a roustabout rough coat, that ever needed a coat, when out and about..

I love my fur baby’s but not enough to start offering out fecking jackets the feckers will start acting like straight bedlingtons stood about doing feck all if I offered them a jacket ? I’m a cruel ma

Hard to beat a good coat on ur dog 

Posted Images

44 minutes ago, 3dumb said:

How do,

My bitch last year was in a blizzard jacket, good price and decent quality too, but she outgrew it before spring, and now the big lad's here as well, I wanna get em both wrapped up for our 5am wanders. 

I'm a cnut but not when it comes to me dogs and the poor feck's were visibly cold this morning. 

What you using?

Walk abit faster ? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 5
50 minutes ago, 3dumb said:

How do,

What you using?

We never had a jacket for usens 

I love my fur baby’s but not enough to start offering out fecking jackets the feckers will start acting like straight bedlingtons stood about doing feck all if I offered them a jacket ? I’m a cruel man i know but believe the jacket they were born with is all they require if there moving about or running 

572653FE-E73C-4B7E-96E3-EDF589563CDF.jpeg

• Like 8
1 hour ago, poxon said:

I love my fur baby’s but not enough to start offering out fecking jackets the feckers will start acting like straight bedlingtons stood about doing feck all if I offered them a jacket ? I’m a cruel man i know but believe the jacket they were born with is all they require if there moving about or running 

572653FE-E73C-4B7E-96E3-EDF589563CDF.jpeg

What a horrible man 

Whilst i'd never run a dog in a coat for work or excercise BUT for fine coated, thin skinned hounds, it can make roadwork, or simply a walk round the block on a lead a damn sight more comfortable mid winter.

Especially if they are going right back to the kennel...

There is nothing soft about wanting the best for your Jukels...?

I've never had a working dog, be it a Whippet type or a roustabout rough coat, that ever needed a coat, when out and about..

However,.. if a dog has been hard run, (generally after dark) and has really done a full shift, I have frequently 'rugged him up' prior to bedding him down..

Some dogs, like to feel warm in order to get a good night's sleep....they definitely need this, especially if you are booked in to work on the shushis in the morning.

When you are rabbiting for wages, the dogs (and the ferrets) are the tools of your trade,.. if you neglect them,..it will soon effect your profit margin...?

By the same token,.. if you can get some decent bedding, and stuff the sleeping compartment to the brim, most healthy dogs will snuggle deeply, and will not require any extra warmth.  I bet that I am not alone in getting a real kick out of seeing my working animals , happy, well fed, nice and snug,...and most importantly, contented.?

Stay safe now Brothers,.. all the best, OldPhil.?

Edited by OldPhil
  • Like 16

When I worked my old whippety x I'd always have a rug in me back pack along with a towel ,quick dry down if wet and rug him up and I've just carried on doing same with the youngster but only use a rug if it starts to chuck it down or temps drop to low .

• Like 2

I must admit after taking the piss I have used the fabric kennel coats from the greyhound Trust, but they don't do any cute colours so the tend 2 clash wi me lamping frocks ,I'd be mortified if a big hunk of a keeper rocked up 2 find I were uncoordinated ?

• Haha 3
47 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

Cold wet open land wind howling even them with coats like poxons could do with a coat i think ? 

Behave you! It’s not one of them shivering skin an bone saluki bred things ?we don’t stand we keep moving or running on mate mine has a pretty decent natural coat tbh but always make sure a dogs properly  dried through after a night out or day out before bedding a dog down. What you’ve described sounds a perfect nights lamping weather.??

• Haha 1