Ridgeline Monsoon jacket v Shooterking Venatu

For beating, picker up which is best, they seem similar to me with good review. This video is what has me interested in the Shooterking as its quite a rouged test for which it did very well.

But there hasnt a bad word online for the monsoon either. I prefer jacket over smock. 

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I have the ridge line smock and it’s it’s a great bit of kit, however you can sweat like Jimmy Saville on a school bus in it. Great for the quad, great for sitting out in a hide or goose shooting

Well I’ve just come back from beating today and I was wearing a musto gamekeeper that cost 150 and has their BR2 lining. It pissed it down and I’m dry. Early days yet. Last season I had a Swazi.

Early season, shirt, jumper, waistcoat  That will be plenty. Lightweight waterproof pack away. If it’s driven pheasants probably the worst you will deal with is standing Maize. Dog

Posted Images

I have the ridge line smock and it’s it’s a great bit of kit, however you can sweat like Jimmy Saville on a school bus in it.

Great for the quad, great for sitting out in a hide or goose shooting that type of thing but too warm for walking in all but the coldest weather.

Layers is the key for beating imho, a jumper and a shirt will normally suffice on all but the coldest days.

Then a light-ish jacket that can be easily taken off and carried is the best bet. 
jmho 

• Like 6

As a youngster I started off with wax jacket and leggings, best gear I had was kammo , thorn and waterproof and seriously abused, Brilliant gear . After that went over to snowboarding trousers from tk maxx and a sealand coat. Now I'd probably have to buy some decent trousers but wouldn't be crawling through bramble tbh, and probably wear a shirt with an old coat...

27 minutes ago, Stone14 said:

All I know atm is that its low ground, most likely driving pheasants.

Early season, shirt, jumper, waistcoat 

That will be plenty.

Lightweight waterproof pack away.

If it’s driven pheasants probably the worst you will deal with is standing Maize.

Dogs are for heavy cover ?

Imho a decent beanie hat will keep you as warm as a coat ;) 

Edited by WILF
  • Like 3

Well I’ve just come back from beating today and I was wearing a musto gamekeeper that cost 150 and has their BR2 lining. It pissed it down and I’m dry. Early days yet.

Last season I had a Swazi. But one of my c**t face mongrels ate it a few weeks ago.

Prefer the musto tbh.

Edited by Born Hunter
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
1 hour ago, Born Hunter said:

Well I’ve just come back from beating today and I was wearing a musto gamekeeper that cost 150 and has their BR2 lining. It pissed it down and I’m dry. Early days yet.

Last season I had a Swazi. But one of my c**t face mongrels ate it a few weeks ago.

Prefer the musto tbh.

All that for a wank haha?

8 hours ago, WILF said:

I have the ridge line smock and it’s it’s a great bit of kit, however you can sweat like Jimmy Saville on a school bus in it.

Great for the quad, great for sitting out in a hide or goose shooting that type of thing but too warm for walking in all but the coldest weather.

Layers is the key for beating imho, a jumper and a shirt will normally suffice on all but the coldest days.

Then a light-ish jacket that can be easily taken off and carried is the best bet. 
jmho 

Wilf, my brother recently got a ridgeline elite jacket and said he couldn’t tell the difference between the coat and the bag it came in !!!! Lol. I’ve just got a Swedteam Titan pro smock and I swear it would survive a nuclear blast !!

• Haha 3