Favourite squirrel gun??

I think I've shot about 300 squirrels this year so far.

I've shot them with air rifle,  lr, hmr, flint and caplock, 410muffpower and a 12gmuffpower.

In all honesty, the muffpowers (not got the 410 anymore) are the easiest for squirrel eradication. No precise aiming, running shots, no safety concerns (within reason), works with knackered eyes, low noise, next target soon pops up!

I enjoy using all but the easiest is the muffpower.

What is your favourite tool for the job of squizz bashing?

20211017_163308.jpg.86cc5454b73cfa3d7aab1de2cdfc0cdc.jpg20211019_173538.jpg.949ca118665db03f6e42e1eda60256b7.jpg 

• Like 7

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well when you've shot out all the dreys , where I was were lots of hollow oaks or oaks with holes where the squirrels would reside , enter a ferret and no ifs or buts the squirrels would shoot straigh

I think I've shot about 300 squirrels this year so far. I've shot them with air rifle,  lr, hmr, flint and caplock, 410muffpower and a 12gmuffpower. In all honesty, the muffpowers (not got t

Time & a place for those kind of things dog... and that's not whilst the missus is out at the park with a mums & baby group!! ??

Posted Images

I like the little.22 for shooting them off the feeders around the shoot, I used to use the hatstand semi for shooting them out the trees but I don’t have that anymore, I like to leave some up in the trees for the kids to have a go at on shoot days

ive always wanted a hushpower, but for some reason I’ve never got round to getting one

• Like 1
1 hour ago, FOXHUNTER said:

300 is some going Mr Sausage ?wish I had them numbers to go after I've only had 36 so far. I only shoot them with my 12g , love it it's great fun , running on the ground or up trees ? 

20210821_185721.jpg

Some years it's much quieter here but every two or three years they are everywhere.

34 minutes ago, Stavross said:

I like the little.22 for shooting them off the feeders around the shoot, I used to use the hatstand semi for shooting them out the trees but I don’t have that anymore, I like to leave some up in the trees for the kids to have a go at on shoot days

ive always wanted a hushpower, but for some reason I’ve never got round to getting one

I use to love using a 22 on the pheasant feeders when I was on the estates. Doing the rounds was good fun plus you never know what else you might happen upon.

• Like 1
43 minutes ago, Dervburner said:

Yerr, fac air doesn’t half smack ‘em on the feeders.??

I usually feed them for a week or so then have a few hours one morning on them. Three hours generally see's me getting a dozen to fifteen. They make good fox bait.

• Like 3
10 minutes ago, ianm said:

I usually feed them for a week or so then have a few hours one morning on them. Three hours generally see's me getting a dozen to fifteen. They make good fox bait.

Yerr, they were eating me out of peanuts after two days on the last feeder I set up. What are you using in feeders Ian? The peanuts definitely pull them in, but not the cheapest.

19 minutes ago, Dervburner said:

Yerr, they were eating me out of peanuts after two days on the last feeder I set up. What are you using in feeders Ian? The peanuts definitely pull them in, but not the cheapest.

Can't you use wheat.  Borrow some from a pheasant feeder ?