Inspired by Newkid

29 minutes ago, Born Hunter said:

Cheers for the tip.

I don't know f**k all about fishing really, but I would imagine literal tons of dead fish washing about over the past week probably left everything fairly full. Is that a thing like? The Beach stunk of dead and I was even snagging half rotten lumps of fish. That said, one fella at least caught a bass, but that was the morning we were on the mackerel...

Yeah Chesil.

you can still catch on fresh bait or live bait as its more enticing than rotten fish. 

26 minutes ago, Born Hunter said:

I think the codling (?), one of about half a dozen, was washed up by-catch. But the sprats were pretty much like this all along chesil for the whole week I believe. Certainly like it at Portland end and west bay end so I assume the same in between.

FBB3DE46-7C76-446E-8EE9-7A7600ACF7E6.jpeg

pouting mate, the whole beach has shoals of thousands of them. yeah id imagine it is the same the full length atm

Good to see someone has luck on the mackerel,we have had 11 days out on the rocks and piers and not 1 mackerel have we caught,....we spoke to lads that had spent hours fishing a deep cliff face and they caught 1 mackerel each .....it's been a disaster for them....I had to buy some for bait this year.....the shame of it lol

2 minutes ago, jigsaw said:

Good to see someone has luck on the mackerel,we have had 11 days out on the rocks and piers and not 1 mackerel have we caught,....we spoke to lads that had spent hours fishing a deep cliff face and they caught 1 mackerel each .....it's been a disaster for them....I had to buy some for bait this year.....the shame of it lol

Between four of us fishing we reckon we had around 150. Ten on the bounce. That’s not fishing with feathers either, just single lure. Glad when one would bump itself off by the end.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1
2 minutes ago, Born Hunter said:

Between four of us fishing we reckon we had around 150. Ten on the bounce. That’s not fishing with feathers either, just single lure. Glad when one would bump itself off by the end.

They must be going past your beach then,we got fook all this year,first time I've ever seen it so bad

1 hour ago, Born Hunter said:

I love little missions like this. Hopefully a season full of them yet. 

That’s it...keeps you alive, I like the planning and run upto it as much as the doing.....drove upto the west coast of Scotland last month, the ferry didn’t run so had to drive round Loch Fynne and catch a different one, a red stag nearly wrote me off at Inveraray and a pine Martin in the middle of the road....arrived at ferry at 2am and slept in the car with the dogs and a ferret....it feckin honked but it made the trip .....Rabbits caught, geese and duck shot...

• Like 3
5 minutes ago, Borr said:

I love white bait, that would've made the trip for me lol. Well done , hopefully many more to come ?

It did. My mates missus cooked up a plate for us to share but he didn’t reckon they were crispy enough. I smashed them! So she cooks up another straight away with better batter. Not sure he really reckoned much to them either so I smashed them too, LOL. Honestly were delicious! I wish I had filled a bucket with them.

• Haha 1
4 minutes ago, Born Hunter said:

It did. My mates missus cooked up a plate for us to share but he didn’t reckon they were crispy enough. I smashed them! So she cooks up another straight away with better batter. Not sure he really reckoned much to them either so I smashed them too, LOL. Honestly were delicious! I wish I had filled a bucket with them.

Lived on them on the Romanian black sea coast , could have two plates piled high and a couple of beers for a fiver....the ultimate beer snack imho...

• Like 2
On 19/10/2021 at 10:48, Born Hunter said:

Would've been if I had managed a bass too. :laugh:

Was struggling to message the other day,

If you used small lures (matching white bait) you'll catch mackerel, as they are gorging on them. If you get a similar situation again try a whole live mackerel around 30 yards out, the bass will sit on the back of the feeding shoals and smash the mackerel. Or you could use a large plug (mackerel type imitation) it won't beat a live panicked mackerel with a 5/0 hook through its lips though!!

Looks a great litttle trip though mate, I love whitebait and when it's that fresh you can't beat it...

• Thanks 1
On 19/10/2021 at 21:14, Borr said:

Lived on them on the Romanian black sea coast , could have two plates piled high and a couple of beers for a fiver....the ultimate beer snack imho...

Now that is a lie for starters....

I know full well your a "eatings cheating" sort of fella!!! lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1