Inspired by Newkid

1 minute ago, WILF said:

@Born Hunter You seem to like that area mate, could you see yourself down there in time ?

Truth is, I'm not particularly adventurous, it doesn't take a lot to settle me but takes a lot to move me if you get me. Where I live now I feel very settled and my trips away are a nice break. I think if I was a bit more 'normal' and inclined to live in different places like a lot of folk seem to do these days I'd certainly have moved by now, it's perfect down there. But truth be told I'd probably have gone to NZ, the US or even Africa. In another life maybe...

Maybe one day, if it feels like the right time I'll move down there. Even career wise it'd be a good move. 

• Like 3
3 hours ago, Born Hunter said:

Truth is, I'm not particularly adventurous, it doesn't take a lot to settle me but takes a lot to move me if you get me. Where I live now I feel very settled and my trips away are a nice break. I think if I was a bit more 'normal' and inclined to live in different places like a lot of folk seem to do these days I'd certainly have moved by now, it's perfect down there. But truth be told I'd probably have gone to NZ, the US or even Africa. In another life maybe...

Maybe one day, if it feels like the right time I'll move down there. Even career wise it'd be a good move. 

Nothing abnormal about not wanting to leave the place your from and feel comfortable in mate ?

Sounds a tidy balance to me 

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, South hams hunter said:

try one of those mackerel as a live bait next time mate or his head and guts in the gutter.

craacking looking day, im guessing chesil? 

Cheers for the tip.

I don't know f**k all about fishing really, but I would imagine literal tons of dead fish washing about over the past week probably left everything fairly full. Is that a thing like? The Beach stunk of dead and I was even snagging half rotten lumps of fish. That said, one fella at least caught a bass, but that was the morning we were on the mackerel...

Yeah Chesil.

I think the codling (?), one of about half a dozen, was washed up by-catch. But the sprats were pretty much like this all along chesil for the whole week I believe. Certainly like it at Portland end and west bay end so I assume the same in between.

FBB3DE46-7C76-446E-8EE9-7A7600ACF7E6.jpeg

• Like 1