Rat bites

19 hours ago, DIDO.1 said:

Anyone ever been bitten? 

Everyone keeps saying I should go to the doctors for a jab but what jab am I asking for? It's impossible to see a doctor without getting past the pit bull on reception. 

Dogs dug a rat out at the side of the duck pond, I could see a tail sticking out so I grabbed it and pulled it out while holding back two terriers with the other. Obviously was never going to work and the fecking dog launched itself at the rat and landed in my lap, as I toppled backwards the rat walloped my finger like a viper.. 

Honestly never known pain or blood like it. I managed to wrap my finger in elsata plaster stuff that they use on cows feet. On a side note that suff is fantastic for emergency treatment of man or beast. 

Got our kid to clean it and he poured iodine on it. Not much else I can do....its fairly throbbing now like 

IMG_20211016_120642.jpg

I don't want to worry you mate but we were doing some ratting on a farm a good few years ago and i got biten by a rat that was in a terriers mouth. Went to the local AE to get a tetanus but they said I didn't need one and there's nothing to worry about. Anyway a few days later all the glands in my armpit swelled up. Didn't know you had glands there until then. Don't know if it's a coincidence but a few months later I had a abscess on my brain and needed a 7 hour emergency operation to remove it. All on the same side as the bite. Either wheels disease or lepto from a rat can cause absesses on the brain. Might pay to get yourself checked over or it at least noted on your medical records that you have had the bite. Doctors told me what I had was from a secondary sinus infection that grew up into my brain. If they f****d up to begin with they had to tell me something to cover there ass.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Had a fox hanging off my wrist while a big ignorant wheaten lurcher was trying to squeeze the foxes guts out through its arse. Lol. That got a tad emotional especially when every cnut that should've b

I wouldn’t take a chance, I’d book a knife making course with socks if I was you mate and have it off altogether ! Lol ? 

A f****r bit threw and locked on to my boot once,right between my 2 little toes...the bull X shook f**k out of it and I fell in the hole ?..glad I was on my own tbh?

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, Greyman said:

Wheels disease ?? is when it’s in humans leptospirosis is in dogs but it’s the same thing, used to be known as rat catchers yellow as that’s what colour you go just before the end ??

Thinking about it I am sure it’s lepto that can cause a abscess on the brain upto 12 months later. So if there both the same thing there’s a possibility I could of had my abscess from the bite I had.  You understood what I meant That’s the main thing lol

• Like 1
16 hours ago, Blackmag said:

Wait till you get nailed by a old fox on your hand  feck me that does swell and throb your finger looks like you chipped a nail should of let the border sort it 

A f****r bit threw and locked on to my boot once,right between my 2 little toes...the bull X shook f**k out of it and I fell in the hole ?..glad I was on my own tbh?

• Haha 5
34 minutes ago, Daniel cain said:

Had something similar while breaking off a big useless bag of shite of a bullcross off a foxes arse. 

Last fox that dog ever seen. 

1 minute ago, dogmandont said:

Had something similar while breaking off a big useless bag of shite of a bullcross off a foxes arse. 

Last fox that dog ever seen. 

you lads and your foxing dogs lol

you dont have that trouble with a plodder neck hold finished you lads need a upgrade lol

I’d definitely be getting that looked at , my pal got bit by a cat , by the time the first nurse looked at it and the doctor prescribed the weakest antibiotic  he could it was only five days later he was in hospital having emergency surgery to save his hand ..don’t fcuk about get it looked at and don’t be fobbed off …

24 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

you lads and your foxing dogs lol

you dont have that trouble with a plodder neck hold finished you lads need a upgrade lol

True story but that big bull x would spill the guts of other things one after the other on the lamp and make it look easy but a complete cur on daytime fox outta cover. 

• Like 2

only person i knew who got bit by a rat was my fist boss.he had drunk 20 pints that night so he was taking it easy as it was a work night.he was walking down the road and saw a "hamster" his words and tried to pick it up.not a good idea and he got bit bad.i think the blood in the larger in his system saved him from any infection.

I got a horrendous eye infection I caught from my terrier. She'd been bitten in the eye lid and it blew up and went bad. While I was treating her I somehow managed to pass it to myself. It was terrible and still comes back every now and then. I'm very wary of rat bites now and make certain to wash hands properly after treating dogs 

• Like 1
7 hours ago, dogmandont said:

Funniest one I've seen was a mate trying to break a terrier of a fox in a dig, he broke the terrier off alright but ended up with a thumb on one hand and a finger on the other hand firmly clamped in the foxes mouth. Lol. A complete fcuking seige. Lol. 

Funniest part was he was one of the lads that stood and laughed at me 20 years previous, karma is a bitch I tell ye. Lol. 

Mine was when out lamping I found it in a snare I was struggling to push the wire up after I had scruffed it and it some how nailed me it struck like a cobra and clamped on like a fecking croc eyes shining looking me in the eye  I admit I squealed like a pig the lad with me was laughing as I couldn't get it of 

• Haha 5