Rat bites

Anyone ever been bitten? 

Everyone keeps saying I should go to the doctors for a jab but what jab am I asking for? It's impossible to see a doctor without getting past the pit bull on reception. 

Dogs dug a rat out at the side of the duck pond, I could see a tail sticking out so I grabbed it and pulled it out while holding back two terriers with the other. Obviously was never going to work and the fecking dog launched itself at the rat and landed in my lap, as I toppled backwards the rat walloped my finger like a viper.. 

Honestly never known pain or blood like it. I managed to wrap my finger in elsata plaster stuff that they use on cows feet. On a side note that suff is fantastic for emergency treatment of man or beast. 

Got our kid to clean it and he poured iodine on it. Not much else I can do....its fairly throbbing now like 

IMG_20211016_120642.jpg

Edited by DIDO.1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 2

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Had a fox hanging off my wrist while a big ignorant wheaten lurcher was trying to squeeze the foxes guts out through its arse. Lol. That got a tad emotional especially when every cnut that should've b

I wouldn’t take a chance, I’d book a knife making course with socks if I was you mate and have it off altogether ! Lol ? 

A f****r bit threw and locked on to my boot once,right between my 2 little toes...the bull X shook f**k out of it and I fell in the hole ?..glad I was on my own tbh?

Posted Images

I'd dial 111 and ask the question and also dip my finger in some form of painful bleach/hibiscrub just for placebo if nothing else, ? hope your good any symptoms of cold or flu straight to hospital as Weil's can shut your internal organs down ?

• Like 1

Dido; Contrary to popular misconception, a rats Bite won't give you Weils. That comes from a bacteria carried in their urinary system.

However, it can cause you untold grief. Something they used to call " Rat Bite Fever ".

A&E on a Friday night? Probably riskier! I'd call the out of hours GP line and ask them.

• Like 3
8 minutes ago, forest of dean redneck said:

Why didn’t you just let the dogs deal with it ? 
it’s a slow night so thought I’d be nosy??

I was going to carry it into the grass field and let it go so they could have a run on it ?

It happened in seconds, not a lot of thought went into it ??

• Haha 2
1 hour ago, DIDO.1 said:

Anyone ever been bitten? 

Everyone keeps saying I should go to the doctors for a jab but what jab am I asking for? It's impossible to see a doctor without getting past the pit bull on reception. 

Dogs dug a rat out at the side of the duck pond, I could see a tail sticking out so I grabbed it and pulled it out while holding back two terriers with the other. Obviously was never going to work and the fecking dog launched itself at the rat and landed in my lap, as I toppled backwards the rat walloped my finger like a viper.. 

Honestly never known pain or blood like it. I managed to wrap my finger in elsata plaster stuff that they use on cows feet. On a side note that suff is fantastic for emergency treatment of man or beast. 

Got our kid to clean it and he poured iodine on it. Not much else I can do....its fairly throbbing now like 

IMG_20211016_120642.jpg

Don't man it out. No walk in centres where you live.? A tetanus injection at the very least.