Original French Putanges

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

True, never thought someone could talk as much shite as whin, but there you are smashing it! ?

Clive, just goes to show, when you go out of your way to help people on here, it often results in getting a slap in the face. Like kids in a sweet shop. There'll always be the odd spoilt brat, th

That's a bit like  my philosophy. The Talpidaen Gurus ( a status easily reached by taking an on-line exam or attending a course it seems ) forever promote the search for a Perfect main  / travell

There is no such thing as an original Putange. The original traps were made over 200 years ago and have long since rusted away. Since then they have been copied by many people, some good, mostly bad. 

Buy traps that people recommend as there is a lot of rubbish on the market.

Edited by Nicepix
  • Like 2
5 hours ago, Nicepix said:

There is no such thing as an original Putange. The original traps were made over 200 years ago and have long since rusted away. Since then they have been copied by many people, some good, mostly bad. 

Buy traps that people recommend as there is a lot of rubbish on the market.

Wasn’t that the ones you were selling before you moved abroad then your in law took over in this country.The way you came across there is yours must of been shit to mate as you sold plenty.Even I bought some but a mate hounded me for them so I let him have them for what they cost me,then within 2wks they went up in price (just saying)

I had moved to France before I used Putanges. There was someone on here, possibly Socks who was using them before me and a few people got interested. I was going over to visit friends so offered to bring some Putanges over for anybody who wanted them and post them when I was in the UK to save costs. I ended up taking orders for over 700 traps, all sold at cost.

When I got back others contacted me for more so I put tsome up for sale. They cost double the first batch for two reasons. First the extra postage. Secondly, I couldn't keep buying traps, sorting them, packing them, posting them and being paid for them without the tax people getting to know. I had to pay 40% tax on the sale price plus postage as I am set up for services not selling. So, if I bought a trap at €1.15 and sold it for €2 I had to pay eighty cents tax leaving me with five cents. 

In the end I got fed up with all the hassle for little reward so I let my BIL in England have my stock and told him where to buy new ones. What he charges is his affair. I have nothing to do with it. 

The traps I sold were never advertised as genuine Putanges. They were the ones all the French pros used, but were unbranded, sold loose and better and cheaper than the branded ones. 

Edited by Nicepix
  • Like 3

I don't know. Apparently I've helped you two find gainful employment in a honest trade and you're still bloody moaning. And I never got nominated for an Oscar for directing 'Putanges - The Movie'. 

It did send earthy into a meltdown though. Banging on for years about how shit Putanges were without ever seeing one, let alone using them. ? Then, when he actually bought two (big spender ? ) he tried to blag the BIL out of the payment. Claiming they were faulty, but refusing to send them back for a refund or exchange. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

? I like the Putange mole Traps?

Clive (NicePics) put me onto them originally, and I have since purchased, a few hundred more from other suppliers..

Nowadays, I try to keep the trapping jobs to large Country Houses (Downton Abbey style places).. I still have to work for Racing Stables, and amongst sheep Paddocks and Golf Courses, etc,. but mostly, I try to gain employment from uber-wealthy payers, who do not mind fecking paying...

The Putange offers a certain advantage in such a domestic situation....and it is a particular benefit, that is frequently,.. overlooked.?

Stay safe Brothers,...and good trapping to you all,...kind regards, OldPhil. ?

• Like 4

For fields with stock in them, golf courses, football pitches or posh gardens they can't be beaten. Problem comes when some contract gardener comes along with a side discharge mower and covers the paint markings with lawn clippings. ?

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

I still have some of Clives that are going strong.

Get  good strike rate with putangues. 

in garden work, I tend to set where I first break in to the run and use whatever trap best suits what I find. Don't like wasting time searching in vain for the perfect terrain.

if one end of the dig is galleried out with a hallway and/or multiple runs funneling in, then I'll use a Duffus. If the customer has been spooking with Chinese scissors, then the talpex is deployed.

otherwise it's mostly putangues I favour. Brilliant traps, but not the be all & end all of mole trapping. 

• Like 2

CLIVE,......misleading,....or misinformation, what you said about me above ?,....there is a difference, cause its one or the other ?,.......the facts are (& its all on an earlier thread, anyway,...),......i bought a pair off you ? yes,...but why would i buy a load of a trap type, initially, i havent tried out before ?,....so bought the minimum amount,....& thats right, first one i practised setting,....knocked itself right out of shape !..is best way i can describe,....& YOU said, afterwards that FAULT CAN HAPPEN with them,....but its not a big issue, & they can be fixed easily ?,.....& i wasnt interested in my money back, really,...cause needed the other to try, at least,...& for reference,.....& i admitted no problem,...that i didnt like them (before trying them) ,..(but suspected they were up for the job, actually,..it was obvious),........so Aye, a did say they were DEFECTIVE,......but im not that bad,..cause i accepted your explanation. Now, that ive since aquired a few more off your crowd  of  "ultimate stainless",  & trialled them, & got more used to them,... they CAN catch well,....BUT for me that type of trap,...is never gonna be my 'GO TOO' , first choice,......& thats not to detract from any merits they may have, either.    (so you can 'hold a grudge' against me, quite frankly,... for as long as you want ?,...but me personally,...(unless it involves actual physical harm,  i tend to move on easily, from anything silly, or relatively trivial)

Edited by earth-thrower
  • Haha 1
27 minutes ago, earth-thrower said:

CLIVE,......misleading,....or misinformation, what you said about me above ?,....there is a difference, cause its one or the other ?,.......the facts are (& its all on an earlier thread, anyway,...),......i bought a pair off you ? yes,...but why would i buy a load of a trap type, initially, i havent tried out before ?,....so bought the minimum amount,....& thats right, first one i practised setting,....knocked itself right out of shape !..is best way i can describe,....& YOU said, afterwards that FAULT CAN HAPPEN with them,....but its not a big issue, & they can be fixed easily ?,.....& i wasnt interested in my money back, really,...cause needed the other to try, at least,...& for reference,.....& i admitted no problem,...that i didnt like them (before trying them) ,..(but suspected they were up for the job, actually,..it was obvious),........so Aye, a did say they were DEFECTIVE,......but im not that bad,..cause i accepted your explanation. Now, that ive since aquired a few more off your crowd  of  "ultimate stainless",  & trialled them, & got more used to them,... they CAN catch well,....BUT for me that type of trap,...is never gonna be my 'GO TOO' , first choice,......& thats not to detract from any merits they may have, either.    So, you can 'hold a grudge' against me, quite frankly,... for as long as you want ?,...but me personally,...(unless it involves actual physical harm,  i tend to move on easily, from anything silly, or relatively trivial)

Actually, forgot to mention,....i did eventually get that one back into setting position,..by luck i think, lol cause you never actually said, how too ?..but thats not a 'dig' just saying,..... (also, i actually liked setting the Putange, single , often , near the end of a tunnel system, & got plenty success that way, as well,...so versatile enough)

Edited by earth-thrower
2 minutes ago, earth-thrower said:

Actually, forgot to mention,....i did eventually get that one back into setting position,..by luck i think, lol cause you never actually said, how too ?..but thats not a 'dig' just saying,..... (also, i actually liked setting the Putange, single , often , near the end of a tunnel system, & got plenty success that way, as well,...so versatile enough)

Oh no , wait a minute,......i do recall something about putting them in a "vice" to fix, or something...i think,.....or i heard somewhere ?