Just keeps getting better

3 hours ago, Rickshaw swami said:

20211016_113017.jpg.9f37538de84122079900b6b3d7d3191a.jpg

Bought this Tahoe last year for $2000 to hunt and fish.I have put 40 thousand miles on it in a year.Done nothing to it but it does need new tires.It stays loaded with kayak gear,shovels,spade,locator,fishing rods,tackle,pet carriers,sleeping bag,hammock and hip waders.I guess its my man cave lol.

4x4 ? One of the main reason I want a pick up is so I can have a dog box for live market coyotes

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Bought this Tahoe last year for $2000 to hunt and fish.I have put 40 thousand miles on it in a year.Done nothing to it but it does need new tires.It stays loaded with kayak gear,shovels,spade,locator,

Heap of yank shite 

..and you’d wear out the three new trucks , the Toyota landcruiser would still be going strong ?..we was out this weekend up in the Spanish hills in this one , 94 , 389000miles , same engine 4.2 td ..

Posted Images

2 hours ago, sussex said:

..and you’d wear out the three new trucks , the Toyota landcruiser would still be going strong ?..we was out this weekend up in the Spanish hills in this one , 94 , 389000miles , same engine 4.2 td ..had a second repaint a year ago ..my brother turned down £18,000 ($24,000) ..it has got the kings suspension on it though ..

72F001A2-8051-4327-BA76-598A11E4B631.jpeg.b8ddd8fa70cfdddde3f46ab30ff88457.jpeg

There’s a big market in the states at the moment for the old 80series especially the ones built between 94&97 , they have the three diff locks , solid axle , and manual gearbox ( as above )  , the serious off roaders are buying them for rebuilding .The Aussies have nothing but Toyota .

Again love Toyodas lol. Just about every outdoors person's who's somewhat serious runs one but that makes the market a pain to find something cheap. I still got $15,000 left on my car note though it's used shit boxes till then. Would have been pretty good if a barn rat didn't get in my truck and have a fun time with the wiring ?

Honestly other then the chick tax thing I'm pretty sure they don't wanna send us the good Hiluxs or them others the Aussies got because there's no money in something that doesn't break down constantly ?

• Haha 1
41 minutes ago, Wolfdog91 said:

4x4 ? One of the main reason I want a pick up is so I can have a dog box for live market coyotes

Its the only vehicle I own that is 2wd. Cheaper on gas and I generally  park at boat ramps.If I have to play in mud or snow I use my dodge  pickup or f450 work truck. both are 4wd.

This 06 dodge has been a good one.It will go in the mud or snow.When Dixie froze at the beginning  of the year they closed our roads but I made it where I wanted to go.A short wheel base 4wd pickup does better in my opinion compared to a long wheel base in mud or snow.I bought this dodge because it's a 6 speed stick shift.Which is hard to find in a halfton pickup.Look at some dodge trucks.They are cheaper.If its an automatic  transmission  in a dodge I would pass.Just my opinion.

20211016_183006.jpg.6e93c369ee53f0174ebe45986c6a9085.jpg

I'm  ashamed to admit how I have treated this truck ? But its never been stuck.

• Like 1
10 hours ago, Rickshaw swami said:

Its the only vehicle I own that is 2wd. Cheaper on gas and I generally  park at boat ramps.If I have to play in mud or snow I use my dodge  pickup or f450 work truck. both are 4wd.

This 06 dodge has been a good one.It will go in the mud or snow.When Dixie froze at the beginning  of the year they closed our roads but I made it where I wanted to go.A short wheel base 4wd pickup does better in my opinion compared to a long wheel base in mud or snow.I bought this dodge because it's a 6 speed stick shift.Which is hard to find in a halfton pickup.Look at some dodge trucks.They are cheaper.If its an automatic  transmission  in a dodge I would pass.Just my opinion.

20211016_183006.jpg.6e93c369ee53f0174ebe45986c6a9085.jpg

I'm  ashamed to admit how I have treated this truck ? But its never been stuck.

I always liked the ram super duty diesel

• Like 1
On 15/10/2021 at 21:31, baker boy said:

Probably 1 of the easiest vehicles to work on

Half inch spanner and a lump hammer fixes most things this old girl was my daily runabout for many years only let me down once when the timing chain snapped because someone had previously fitted a split link in it, still cost less than £30 to repair and done on the side of the road ??

401E6834-206E-41A3-8A71-2B803A9C33C7.jpeg

00EB3877-059B-4D86-AC32-8D1E8C7ED4C0.jpeg

• Like 1