its getting beyond a joke now

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Bottom line is,...You either use your dogs, or you don't use your dogs,...? I have plenty of places that I can walk over, and hunt , 'proper'.....it is not a problem.... But, for most young

that and mobile phones  and posting photos on the internet fkd the job proper  ,,

It’s only going to get worse and it all started from the next generation driving the fields and damaging stuff.So blame them mate as they have been doing it now long enough.And if you look when the ba

Posted Images

Just now, SheepChaser said:

Oop north? Aye mate planning on it. 

1 minute ago, SheepChaser said:

Let me know mate, I'll come for a day out. I know a few decent rabbiting spots. Definitely not yorkshire dales tho ?

• Like 1
16 minutes ago, SheepChaser said:

The grounds just about perfect up here just now.

New growth just coming through and top couple of inches soft, but not sloppy !

Expecting frost though, so it may change.

Cheers.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
5 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

Cheers.

Still warm days and colder nights here. Ground is dry, we need some rain. 

1 hour ago, chartpolski said:

Cheers.

Did you ever do much around stanington chats,we had a go few nights around there on the hares a roe a few years back.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, lurchers said:

Did you ever do much around stanington chats,we had a go few nights around there on the hares a roe a few years back.

Yeah, from Seaton Burn up to Stannington there's plenty roe still, but not so many hares.

Used to like Arcot Hall for the roe. 

Cheers.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, chartpolski said:

Yeah, from Seaton Burn up to Stannington there's plenty roe still, but not so many hares.

Used to like Arcot Hall for the roe. 

Cheers.

A few years ago on the forum a lad from up your way asked if we had ever been bothered up there.He emailed me in the end and said it was quite hot up there but we never seen anything to bother us.

• Like 1

I live near grantham/Stamford Lincolnshire. Have some permission but that's only for ferreting, round here it's hard to get permission especially for running dogs. I don't mix with any other dog men, I doubt anyone knows that I even go out for a shine at night I certainly don't tell any body. Too much jealousy in this game sometimes, prefer to keep myself to myself, I just want to see my dogs work and some sport. Lads tell everyone there business now that's half the problem. 

• Like 6
18 minutes ago, poachers apprentice said:

I live near grantham/Stamford Lincolnshire. Have some permission but that's only for ferreting, round here it's hard to get permission especially for running dogs. I don't mix with any other dog men, I doubt anyone knows that I even go out for a shine at night I certainly don't tell any body. Too much jealousy in this game sometimes, prefer to keep myself to myself, I just want to see my dogs work and some sport. Lads tell everyone there business now that's half the problem. 

U just told everyone 

• Like 2
  • Haha 4
On 14/10/2021 at 19:53, riverliver123 said:

My only real worry about the work of running dogs being banned is that the breeding of them becomes very risky and possibly ends. Coursing greyhounds are a recent example. I've heard whispers they still exist but I've never come across any. I hope to god rabbiting with whippets isn't ever made illegal. Racing made illegal???!!! Oh feck!!! At least the good old Kennel club will breed lovely whippets and greyhounds and pedigree lurchers for £1000 a piece that will make lovely pets. Just don't ever let them off the lead. They might chase something. Anyway, if you need cheering up again, give me a shout.

Coursing Greyhounds do certainly still exist here in England and course in Ireland in several English owned stakes leading to a Champion Stake at the end of the season,thanks to Irish Coursing Clubs accomodating them. The Kennel Club is registry of pedigree dogs they dont and never have bred dogs

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1