its getting beyond a joke now

Just now, chartpolski said:

if you mean the new Cramlington hospital, my mate had the permission on the land it was built on, and me and LDR caught a lot of rabbits on there and the odd fox.

My old bitch Delta had her first rabbit on there 15 years ago. It seem s like every time I have a run over there more fields are being built on. 

I was at the cage bird sale at Seghill a few weeks ago, even that was nothing like it used to be.

Cheers.

Rake lane hospital mate, about 6 farms worth of land is up for building on, but think there's problems regarding mine shafts, hope they leave the place alone, it's the last of our greenbelt

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Bottom line is,...You either use your dogs, or you don't use your dogs,...? I have plenty of places that I can walk over, and hunt , 'proper'.....it is not a problem.... But, for most young

that and mobile phones  and posting photos on the internet fkd the job proper  ,,

It’s only going to get worse and it all started from the next generation driving the fields and damaging stuff.So blame them mate as they have been doing it now long enough.And if you look when the ba

Posted Images

Just now, low plains drifter said:

Rake lane hospital mate, about 6 farms worth of land is up for building on, but think there's problems regarding mine shafts, hope they leave the place alone, it's the last of our greenbelt

I've got a pal lives right next to Rake Lane hospital, good Terrier and lurcher lad. I've ran plenty hares around New York, many years ago, mind you !

Cheers.

Does anyone on here know if there’s currently any sort of associations or groups that are actively trying to do anything around the laws regarding hunting with dogs ?? Tried to look into to it a few times an never found anything at all . 

15 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

if you mean the new Cramlington hospital, my mate had the permission on the land it was built on, and me and LDR caught a lot of rabbits on there and the odd fox.

My old bitch Delta had her first rabbit on there 15 years ago. It seem s like every time I have a run over there more fields are being built on. 

I was at the cage bird sale at Seghill a few weeks ago, even that was nothing like it used to be.

Cheers.

You will of seen big Tommy green at the sale,he makes me laugh as if he was the big white hunter over that way

21 minutes ago, low plains drifter said:

AK?

Yeah, usually see him at Charltons fur &feather sale, also had a craic with him at the Horsely show, I think he had a Hancock dog with him.

Hes more a pal of my brother, they go back years, used to do a lot with the terriers.

Cheers.

Edited by chartpolski
  • Like 1
4 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

Yeah, usually see him at Charltons fur &feather sale, also had a craic with him at the Horsely show, I think he had a Hancock dog with him.

Cheers.

That's right mate, Formica field used to be canny for the hares as well, I once counted 23 one night out walking around Siemens when they were building the cobalt, must have been more than I thought on the west allotment fields way back, but the density and acreage of the chicken mesh covered plantations must have concealed them, unless you were over on a snowy night never seemed to see many there

2 minutes ago, low plains drifter said:

That's right mate, Formica field used to be canny for the hares as well, I once counted 23 one night out walking around Siemens when they were building the cobalt, must have been more than I thought on the west allotment fields way back, but the density and acreage of the chicken mesh covered plantations must have concealed them, unless you were over on a snowy night never seemed to see many there

LDR lived in West Allotment and we used to walk over the field where that big new pub is and through the underpass and lamp all the way up to Killingworth and the REME fields with Bruce the rescue dog

Cheers.

• Like 1

As I see it you have two problems over there ,one is its against the law to course hares and the second is, if you don't have permission you are poaching .Now I'm not in anyway judging anybody that does either or both ,I in fact did a lot of poaching in my day in New Zealand ,a lot of it was at night hunting the full moon for pigs .I got caught twice in 35 years and that saw me in court ,it didn't stop me I just got a lot smarter .So back to your country ,the whole matter wont go away & it will become one hell of a lot harder to go out and run hares ,catching people doing so will become important ,fueled on by reports in local papers as mentioned ,they will without doubt step operations up in a effort to show that they have such matters under control ,they know they don't have to catch everybody that's breaking the law ,only a few and by making a example of those they get some control on the problem. Hunters that don't damage property will get caught up in the stings ,and be treated as a common crim,times are changing and we don't like it , we were brought up in another time ,where nobody was bothered if the saw a person out enjoying some sport .Its so different now ,and without doubt we must bend a little if we wish to carry on working dogs to game .

Edited by toolebox
  • Like 2
10 hours ago, portbhoy said:

Got to be cautious now if a cars coming lamp off walking is key if you take your car stick it out the way and walk put whatever you catch up next to road leave it either pick it up on way home or go put the dogs in the house and come back for it ??

Can’t beat a bit of bing bang boshing lad 

22 minutes ago, toolebox said:

As I see it you have two problems over there ,one is its against the law to course hares and the second is, if you don't have permission you are poaching .Now I'm not in anyway judging anybody that does either or both ,I in fact did a lot of poaching in my day in New Zealand ,a lot of it was at night hunting the full moon for pigs .I got caught twice in 35 years and that saw me in court ,it didn't stop me I just got a lot smarter .So back to your country ,the whole matter wont go away & it will become one hell of a lot harder to go out and run hares ,catching people doing so will become important ,fueled on by reports in local papers as mentioned ,they will without doubt step operations up in a effort to show that they have such matters under control ,they know they don't have to catch everybody that's breaking the law ,only a few and by making a example of those they get some control on the problem. Hunters that don't damage property will get caught up in the stings ,and be treated as a common crim,times are changing and we don't like it , we were brought up in another time ,where nobody was bothered if the saw a person out enjoying some sport .Its so different now ,and without doubt we must bend a little if we wish to carry on working dogs to game .

But the thing is mate wether you were walking without permission before the ban or after you were poaching, round these parts if you were on foot you would only have the farmer to deal with, that was well worth the risk cos you could take them as you find them. 

• Like 1
7 hours ago, poxon said:

When a full ban on hunting including rabbits comes in to force ive decided im gunner keep a stiff upper lip an I’ll Probably jack in running dogs in the end though. they have been a massive part of my life through out the years from my very early teens I imagined me keeping running dogs till day I was put in me wooden box ⚰️ at the end….but I think there’s a all out ban a coming 

Thats the spirit! ?

Cheers, D.

• Haha 4