its getting beyond a joke now

5 minutes ago, Black neck said:

What they on about then 

It’s the term tht all of the keepers and landowners use to describe the lads rallying round at night in a motor tearing the place up chasing stuff about and throwing dogs at it. Least that’s what it is all round the arable parts I spend time in. 

• Like 1

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Bottom line is,...You either use your dogs, or you don't use your dogs,...? I have plenty of places that I can walk over, and hunt , 'proper'.....it is not a problem.... But, for most young

that and mobile phones  and posting photos on the internet fkd the job proper  ,,

It’s only going to get worse and it all started from the next generation driving the fields and damaging stuff.So blame them mate as they have been doing it now long enough.And if you look when the ba

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

Really ?

Everyone I know automatically associates coursing with day time hare coursing, or am I missing something ???

Cheers.

Yes I do as do you.

But everywhere I go it’s “the f***ing hare coursers were out again last night, smashed three electric gates in and cut the fields up” 

and that’s a direct quote 

6 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

Really ?

Everyone I know automatically associates coursing with day time hare coursing, or am I missing something ???

Cheers.

Here’s a screen shot from a thread on a forum used by farmers. Exactly like this one but the other side of the coin ......

0402321B-4674-4B3B-893C-FC2842B87E1B.png

2 minutes ago, SheepChaser said:

Yes I do as do you.

But everywhere I go it’s “the f***ing hare coursers were out again last night, smashed three electric gates in and cut the fields up” 

and that’s a direct quote 

Well being a farmer usen its up 2 u to put them all right

It's the rifle lads

12 minutes ago, SheepChaser said:

It’s the term tht all of the keepers and landowners use to describe the lads rallying round at night in a motor tearing the place up chasing stuff about and throwing dogs at it. Least that’s what it is all round the arable parts I spend time in. 

Ah, ok, that's most keepers and landowners, not most folk.

If I ask someone if they fancy going coursing, they know it's daytime hare, not lamping, ferreting, driving fields, etc.

We obviously mix in different circles ! ?? !

Cheers.

Edited by chartpolski
10 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

Ah, ok, that's most keepers and landowners, not most folk.

If I ask someone if they fancy going coursing, they know it's daytime hare, not lamping, ferreting, driving fields, etc.

We obviously mix in different circles ! ?? !

Cheers.

Maybe you’ve missed my point.

Roubd here people are beginning to passionately hate coursing lads, coursing dogs and coursing.

Its getting silly and someone is gonna get hurt sooner or later. 

Wha people hare is the above - and by calling it coursing and coursers - they blur the lines and make the general public think anyone who likes a good chase with a long dog fits into that negative category. 

Edited by SheepChaser

And yer probably different circles ? but don’t go coursing with anyone and when I was out yesterday afternoon dog on slip, looking for a hare..... the keeper came screaming across the field in his truck with his rifle ....... and asked me if I’d seen any fallow bucks lol

7 minutes ago, SheepChaser said:

Maybe you’ve missed my point.

Roubd here people are beginning to passionately hare coursing lads, coursing dogs and coursing.

Its getting silly and someone is gonna get hurt sooner or later. 

Wha people hare is the above - and by calling it coursing and coursers - they blur the lines and make the general public think anyone who likes a good chase with a long dog fits into that negative category. 

I am missing your point, when you first posted your "most folk" comment, maybe you should have said "most keepers and land owners".

I don't think it was a big mistake of me to assume you meant most folk on here, who I would guess know exactly what "coursing" meant.

But it's not something I'll lose sleep over.....there's many a slip 'twixt what is meant and what is written ?

Cheers.

Edited by chartpolski
4 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

I am missing your point, when you first posted your "most folk" comment, maybe you should have said "most keepers and land owners".

I don't think it was a big mistake of me to assume you meant most folk on here, who I would guess know exactly what "coursing" meant.

But it's not something I'll lose sleep over.....there's many a slip 'twixt what is meant and what is written ?

Cheers.

Sorry I wasn’t meaning to come across as a dick. 

I was just talking / thibking in the context of the thread - or how folk are getting the book thrown at them for dog work.

The daily main version of coursing seems to blur with the f*ck wits who plague the countryside and who are causing these tougher laws abs more hassle. 

2 hours ago, chartpolski said:

Funny you should mention Earsdon, a keeper shot one of my dogs coursing a hare behind the Beehive pub at Earsdon in '72 !

Cheers.

The long field with the hillock at the golf course end?, Had some good runs on there, one time mid 90's we got caught lamping Seaton lodge, took to Blyth police station then we were dropped off at the Delaval Arms minus lamps and batteries, went to pick up our catch that we had left on the way home we could see the hares on that field by the light from the lamp posts, and got a few more courses, funny thing was we never seen as many hares on that field with the lamps as what we did by the dim light provided by the street lights

5 minutes ago, low plains drifter said:

The long field with the hillock at the golf course end?, Had some good runs on there, one time mid 90's we got caught lamping Seaton lodge, took to Blyth police station then we were dropped off at the Delaval Arms minus lamps and batteries, went to pick up our catch that we had left on the way home we could see the hares on that field by the light from the lamp posts, and got a few more courses, funny thing was we never seen as many hares on that field with the lamps as what we did by the dim light provided by the street lights

Other side of the dual carriageway opposite Earsdon cemetery, last year, first time rabbiting with the Teckel;

IMG_1265.JPG.38baa1024f58d751b9ba9f61b58b87ca.JPG

I mainly go west now, as I live near the A69, but still have a look over the east with my brother now and again.

Cheers.

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

Other side of the dual carriageway opposite Earsdon cemetery, last year, first time rabbiting with the Teckel;

IMG_1265.JPG.38baa1024f58d751b9ba9f61b58b87ca.JPG

I mainly go west now, as I live near the A69, but still have a look over the east with my brother now and again.

Cheers.

Nearly 30 year since I had a course on them fields, think they're on the list for building along with the rest right across to the hospital they've dug a few overflow ponds in, get the odd deer on there, the land to the left of pic is what once was the market garden, caught my heaviest hare on here way back, don't know what it weighed but what a lump it was

IMG_20210719_205649.jpg

3 minutes ago, low plains drifter said:

Nearly 30 year since I had a course on them fields, think they're on the list for building along with the rest right across to the hospital they've dug a few overflow ponds in, get the odd deer on there, the land to the left of pic is what once was the market garden, caught my heaviest hare on here way back, don't know what it weighed but what a lump it was

IMG_20210719_205649.jpg

if you mean the new Cramlington hospital, my mate had the permission on the land it was built on, and me and LDR caught a lot of rabbits on there and the odd fox.

My old bitch Delta had her first rabbit on there 15 years ago. It seem s like every time I have a run over there more fields are being built on. 

I was at the cage bird sale at Seghill a few weeks ago, even that was nothing like it used to be.

Cheers.