its getting beyond a joke now

5 minutes ago, Gypsydog94 said:

But what’s anybody doing about it other then moaning ?

Do you honestly thing it will make a difference the majority of people want it all stopped sb the goverment will go with that 

Edited by nothernlite

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Bottom line is,...You either use your dogs, or you don't use your dogs,...? I have plenty of places that I can walk over, and hunt , 'proper'.....it is not a problem.... But, for most young

that and mobile phones  and posting photos on the internet fkd the job proper  ,,

It’s only going to get worse and it all started from the next generation driving the fields and damaging stuff.So blame them mate as they have been doing it now long enough.And if you look when the ba

Posted Images

Just now, nothernlite said:

Do you honestly thing it will make a difference the majority of people want it all stopped zobtge goverment will go with that 

They want us all to sit on the sofa ordering from just eat and deliveroo so the government can get more tax..

• Like 4

I’ve not read through the thread ...... but it’s getting a bit like world war three here now. Sadly there are some real bell ends out and about and that is who gets associated with coursing and hunting. Double figures vehicles out in same fields at night, smashing the f*ck out of gates and fences, threatening folk and stealing stuff. Means that the genuine Lurcher man becomes an east target to get a score on the sheet. Most of those problems only really started when they banned it ironically. 

When a full ban on hunting including rabbits comes in to force ive decided im gunner keep a stiff upper lip an I’ll Probably jack in running dogs in the end though. they have been a massive part of my life through out the years from my very early teens I imagined me keeping running dogs till day I was put in me wooden box ⚰️ at the end….but I think there’s a all out ban a coming 

• Like 4
Just now, low plains drifter said:

What was the hare population like around there in the 70's Charts?, That land and the surrounding areas with the exception of Earsdon had a very healthy number when I first started 1990 ish

It was lifting, mate !

Gosforth park was originally a hare coursing park, and still had hares in the 70's. Backworth had loads of hares as did Seghill and Earsdon, right down to the coast.

North, up to Seaton Burn and Camlington were also good, all within walking distance of where I lived. Plenty around the airport.

Now there's still a few at the coast, and any amount out west, just past Westerhope area.

Some areas there's more hares and roe than rabbits !

Cheers.

• Like 2
20 minutes ago, low plains drifter said:

What was the hare population like around there in the 70's Charts?, That land and the surrounding areas with the exception of Earsdon had a very healthy number when I first started 1990 ish

Funny you should mention Earsdon, a keeper shot one of my dogs coursing a hare behind the Beehive pub at Earsdon in '72 !

Cheers.

39 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

It was lifting, mate !

Gosforth park was originally a hare coursing park, and still had hares in the 70's. Backworth had loads of hares as did Seghill and Earsdon, right down to the coast.

North, up to Seaton Burn and Camlington were also good, all within walking distance of where I lived. Plenty around the airport.

Now there's still a few at the coast, and any amount out west, just past Westerhope area.

Some areas there's more hares and roe than rabbits !

Cheers.

I know the hares were shot off around Earsdon way back, but cross the road to Holywell it was different altogether, last time I seen one over there was about four year ago now, shame because the habitat is great for them, seen one at first light last year on the Blyth fields, the east cramlington hares were shot off, never run over there these days, I'd rather re stock the place, nice area for walking

Rising sun at Wallsend was full of hares as well, The cafe was called the leaping hare at one time

I know what you mean, majority of places I go is all hares and roe

1 minute ago, low plains drifter said:

I know the hares were shot off around Earsdon way back, but cross the road to Holywell it was different altogether, last time I seen one over there was about four year ago now, shame because the habitat is great for them, seen one at first light last year on the Blyth fields, the east cramlington hares were shot off, never run over there these days, I'd rather re stock the place, nice area for walking

Rising sun at Wallsend was full of hares as well, The cafe was called the leaping hare at one time

I know what you mean, majority of places I go is all hares and roe

I was at the Whippet racing at the rising sun last Saturday, had a pint in the Barking Dog. Was telling them how we used to course hares on the pit heap field, it's all covered in new builds now.

My brother has the rabbiting permission around Seghill, no hares left but a few roe.

I lived in East Cramlington 45 years ago, got done coursing at New Hartley.

I know all that area well ?

• Like 2
8 minutes ago, Greb147 said:

The question one needs to ask is would hare coursing have been banned if it wasn't for the gambling involved and the attention it brought with it? 

I get your point but think it was more to do with organised coursing being high profile, public in the main and open/easy to misinterpretation to the general public. Every other week likes of the Sunday Mirror, News of the World, even my local paper publishing spurious articles with out of context pictures portraying coursing as an activity where captive hares are released to be "torn apart" by greyhounds. The public believed it, not that the majority of people either side of the hunting debate really give a shit about animals anyway. 

• Like 1