its getting beyond a joke now

32 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

Draconian punishment for poaching/coursing are not new!

Theres a lad on here got hammered when caught with hares in his motor; I may not be absolutely correct with his punishment, but I'm not far out.

He had his car, dogs and gear confiscated.

£1,000 fine.

Tagged for a year.

Banned from keeping dogs for ten years.

This was a good few years ago now.

I can go back almost 50 years when I got caught running a hare with a Whippet;

The magistrate, who also happened to be the landowner, leant over to the Clerk of the Court, and asked "what is the most I can fine him ? " before I'd even spoken or put a plea in !

The fine was the equivalent of about £1,000 in today's terms.

The lesson should be, "Don't get caught, and if you do, don't moan about it " !

Cheers.

It wasn’t consett court you went to was it chats.The early 90s they asked if they could adjern to see if they could give my mates 6mths inside for a few rabbits.

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Bottom line is,...You either use your dogs, or you don't use your dogs,...? I have plenty of places that I can walk over, and hunt , 'proper'.....it is not a problem.... But, for most young

that and mobile phones  and posting photos on the internet fkd the job proper  ,,

It’s only going to get worse and it all started from the next generation driving the fields and damaging stuff.So blame them mate as they have been doing it now long enough.And if you look when the ba

Posted Images

33 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

Theres a lad on here got hammered when caught with hares in his motor; I may not be absolutely correct with his punishment, but I'm not far out.

£1,000 fine.

Tagged for a year.

The magistrate, who also happened to be the landowner, leant over to the Clerk of the Court, and asked "what is the most I can fine him ? " before I'd even spoken or put a plea in !

Cheers.

the dog ban is f***ing wrong i think chart ?

37 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

£1,000 fine.

Tagged for a year.

Cheers.

1981 caught lamping rabbits nr Finningley Doncaster 60 pound fine though I think the fine was me down to being a coal miner that the magistrate put in his words some of us are a law unto ourselves obviously not fore lock tugging peasants like some would have liked us to be back in the day. 

Got to be cautious now if a cars coming lamp off walking is key if you take your car stick it out the way and walk put whatever you catch up next to road leave it either pick it up on way home or go put the dogs in the house and come back for it ??

• Like 8
3 minutes ago, portbhoy said:

Got to be cautious now if a cars coming lamp off walking is key if you take your car stick it out the way and walk put whatever you catch up next to road leave it either pick it up on way home or go put the dogs in the house and come back for it ??

That’s the way we ended up doing it mate,but I’m one of these that can’t leave stuff like a lot of the young lads these days.I wouldn’t be able to sleep.

• Like 4
4 minutes ago, portbhoy said:

And all the time your doing your sneaking around some f****r could be watching you with a thermal.

• Like 4
1 hour ago, lurchers said:

Your a fecking muppet lad and talk a load of bollocks.Got gave you legs for a reason use the feckers instead of sitting behind a wheel and throwing a dog out of the window.You aren’t going to get permission of fecking lord byron are you ya loon.So you have to go in the dark and be stealthy about it and not let every Tom dick and Harry know you have been and gone.Ffs talk some sense will ya and why would you need insurance for a lurched or terrier.That problem is easily sorted,if it’s not stock broken you don’t let off near livestock do ya ?

Lol.. you don't need insurance..lord Byron's permission...you think I throw lurchers out a window..be stealthy he says yet writes this macho shit on an open forum..and If it's not stock broken don't let it of near livestock he says... But I'm the Muppet...got ya..??

25 minutes ago, gnipper said:

The old keeper round here had my mate in court for coursing a pheasant, it got laughed out of court I think.

It was probably a daft thing to try and prosecute someone for as the Hunting Act brought legislation in regarding dogs and wild mammals but imagine if a clever Barrister funded by the likes of Packham and his associates managed to get a prosecution?

That would be the end of gundogs also. It's things like that that they are constantly working on. They wont stop until they have completely won.

Have a look at the Peter Easterby coursing trial.

The police and CPO insisted on prosecution even though those involved stuck to the meaning and spirit of the law.

The court gave him a absolute discharge.

Another day, another court and he could have had a criminal record !

Cheers

1 hour ago, lurchers said:

That’s the way we ended up doing it mate,but I’m one of these that can’t leave stuff like a lot of the young lads these days.I wouldn’t be able to sleep.

I’m the same mate hare do a couple a dogs meat for a few days half a saddle each with a front leg each then next day back leg apiece and half a rib cage each  ? biscuits in the morning  that on the night 

I hare having to leave Um