its getting beyond a joke now

A man travelled more than 100 miles to an East Yorkshire hamlet to hunt hares with his dogs.

Paul Bowes, 30, drove from Bishop Auckland to Rotsea, near Driffield to carry out the barbaric act.

He was arrested by officers under suspicion of hare coursing on November 1, 2020, and later charged by police ,who had later received reports of hunting in the area.

For the latest crime stories, click here.

Bowes was given an 18-week suspended sentence at Hull Magistrates' Court. on Tuesday.

He was also ordered to complete 200 hours of unpaid work and has been disqualified from driving for 12 months.

Bowes is also banned from keeping animals for five years.

He will also have to pay £728 in court costs.

How Humberside Police are tackling hare coursing and wildlife crime

0 seconds of 47 secondsVolume 90%

• Haha 1

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Bottom line is,...You either use your dogs, or you don't use your dogs,...? I have plenty of places that I can walk over, and hunt , 'proper'.....it is not a problem.... But, for most young

that and mobile phones  and posting photos on the internet fkd the job proper  ,,

It’s only going to get worse and it all started from the next generation driving the fields and damaging stuff.So blame them mate as they have been doing it now long enough.And if you look when the ba

Posted Images

It’s only going to get worse and it all started from the next generation driving the fields and damaging stuff.So blame them mate as they have been doing it now long enough.And if you look when the ban 1st came in look how many lads started getting lurchers in who never had a dog before.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 2
13 minutes ago, lurchers said:

It’s only going to get worse and it all started from the next generation driving the fields and damaging stuff.So blame them mate as they have been doing it now long enough.And if you look when the ban 1st came in look how many lads started getting lurchers in who never had a dog before.

that and mobile phones  and posting photos on the internet fkd the job proper  ,,

• Like 18
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, lurchers said:

Loads got into it after the ban...and out just as quick on to the next thing?after bringing it on top for those who fly under the radar?

• Like 11
2 hours ago, lurchers said:

Lol..it all started when men started to run scared instead of having the backbone to stand proud... Driving fields with a lurcher is not what a REAL dog man does.. nor does sneaking into lands where your not welcome...it's not just lurcher men I'm on about either... Just because you have a lurcher or terrier doesn't make you a dog man... Hound men some of the worst also.. yous all moan but, I could bet there is only a handful of men on this whole site that are actually welcome where they go... How many here are insured? How many on here lobby politicians...meet with MPs?  Be pro active.. work the land and quarry correctly with respect. Costs nothing to knock a door and ask..if farmer says no..wipe your mouth and move on..don't sneak back after dark, or stand and argue...98 percent of the people at the hunting couldn't run a bath never mind a dog. 

• Like 5
10 minutes ago, stop.end said:

Lol..it all started when men started to run scared instead of having the backbone to stand proud... Driving fields with a lurcher is not what a REAL dog man does.. nor does sneaking into lands where your not welcome...it's not just lurcher men I'm on about either... Just because you have a lurcher or terrier doesn't make you a dog man... Hound men some of the worst also.. yous all moan but, I could bet there is only a handful of men on this whole site that are actually welcome where they go... How many here are insured? How many on here lobby politicians...meet with MPs?  Be pro active.. work the land and quarry correctly with respect. Costs nothing to knock a door and ask..if farmer says no..wipe your mouth and move on..don't sneak back after dark, or stand and argue...98 percent of the people at the hunting couldn't run a bath never mind a dog. 

You don't half talk some bollocks you. 

Not saying that causing havoc hasn't helped matters but the bans have been put in place because of the animals. 

• Like 1
23 minutes ago, stop.end said:

Your a fecking muppet lad and talk a load of bollocks.Got gave you legs for a reason use the feckers instead of sitting behind a wheel and throwing a dog out of the window.You aren’t going to get permission of fecking lord byron are you ya loon.So you have to go in the dark and be stealthy about it and not let every Tom dick and Harry know you have been and gone.Ffs talk some sense will ya and why would you need insurance for a lurched or terrier.That problem is easily sorted,if it’s not stock broken you don’t let off near livestock do ya ?

• Like 4

Well to be honest,anywhere I have digging permission I'm allowed to drive the land...you obviously use your f***ing head and stick to the designated path/ruts and don't go driving through the middle of a load of crops? when I go lamping you be lucky to walk around a 1/4 of the land on 1 farm on  foot in a night...drive around one place lamping all night and you still won't cover the whole place and that's with us alternating dogs per run..some fields down south where I go are bigger than whole farms I have in Wales for digging....few times when we are down there the keeper has  rang and asked for assistance to move some nobheads who think they can park and walk mob handed where they like...

• Like 4

Draconian punishment for poaching/coursing are not new!

Theres a lad on here got hammered when caught with hares in his motor; I may not be absolutely correct with his punishment, but I'm not far out.

He had his car, dogs and gear confiscated.

£1,000 fine.

Tagged for a year.

Banned from keeping dogs for ten years.

This was a good few years ago now.

I can go back almost 50 years when I got caught running a hare with a Whippet;

The magistrate, who also happened to be the landowner, leant over to the Clerk of the Court, and asked "what is the most I can fine him ? " before I'd even spoken or put a plea in !

The fine was the equivalent of about £1,000 in today's terms.

The lesson should be, "Don't get caught, and if you do, don't moan about it " !

Cheers.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1