Nice one Rio. I particularly like the idea of bog oak simply because I found it difficult to get hold of when I was doing the wood turning. It certainly makes a nice hand. Jok.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, low plains drifter said:

Belters them mate 

What price are they?

i cant be arsed to make sheaths  pal  infact i dont have any leather  right now  . so 65 quid each  

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Never really been in to knife making but like to look at a nice hunting knife or two👌🏽A lot of knives are expensive to buy I appreciate the time an work that’s gone in to making them but could never justify paying the prices to be stopped by the old bill and have a decent working man’s knife taken from me or loose it while out hunting I’ve lost a few half decent knives in my time I tend to rock the good old openal there cheap and do the job. This knife I made from a large disc cutter disc I found at work the brass pins on the handle are from a caravan hook up plug an the handle is made from a old piece of furniture 

1BF190A5-6709-4D79-8F05-8EC21C380FD2.jpeg

• Like 4
On 09/03/2022 at 19:08, low plains drifter said:

Thanks again for this little beaut Rio 

Anyone needing a new knife get onto Rio, you'll not be disappointed  👍

IMG_20220309_190015_HDR.jpg

IMG_20220309_185513_HDR.jpg

nice sheath you made  :thumbs:

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...
On 01/04/2022 at 09:35, poxon said:

Never really been in to knife making but like to look at a nice hunting knife or two👌🏽A lot of knives are expensive to buy I appreciate the time an work that’s gone in to making them but could never justify paying the prices to be stopped by the old bill and have a decent working man’s knife taken from me or loose it while out hunting I’ve lost a few half decent knives in my time I tend to rock the good old openal there cheap and do the job. This knife I made from a large disc cutter disc I found at work the brass pins on the handle are from a caravan hook up plug an the handle is made from a old piece of furniture 

Nice knife!

That's exactly the attitude that led me to knifemaking! :)

You don't want to spend that much on a knife but are not happy with the knives offered from stock? Make your own! I can guarantee that within a few months you will get a knife that you will apreciate much more than every other one. 

Just one advice: I would start with a decent knife steel. Steels like 1.2442, 1.2510 or 1.3505 are quite cheap and easy to harden. The result will outperform any recycled disc, spring, chisel, file..

Regards

Nicolas

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...
On 27/02/2022 at 21:08, riohog said:

couple of nice little rabbiters /neck or side carry  , AEB;L  stainless  steel  ,anciant b=fen bog oak  over  red...blue   g10  liners  up for grabbs!!!!

DSC_0004.JPG

Are you asking 65 quid for these ? 

On 27/02/2022 at 17:24, riohog said:

i cant be arsed to make sheaths  pal  infact i dont have any leather  right now  . so 65 quid each  

Either you are fast at making knives riohog ......or you are making about £6 per hour. Nice looking pair of knives.

• Like 2
15 hours ago, GruffaloGriff said:

Either you are fast at making knives riohog ......or you are making about £6 per hour. Nice looking pair of knives.

ive been doing it a fair while and make knives in batches  of 6 or 8  and i can buy materials at the right price ,its not rocket science  and prices  vary  ,making them is easy    selling is the real  trick  .....

• Like 1
17 hours ago, David_Jones said:

Are you asking 65 quid for these ? 

yes  but i cant be bothered to make a sheath  so what you see is what you get ,,

On 01/04/2022 at 08:35, poxon said:

My sort of knife....100% recycled.👍

• Like 1