times catching up

1 hour ago, Sausagedog said:

The demise of the rabbit is having an effect too

It certainly is.

A couple of years ago a farmer i know proudly proclaimed that he had secured and released several myxy rabbits. Within a few weeks there wasn't any to be found anywhere. Every sheep farmer in that area began losing lambs at an alarming rate. I didn't need any encouraging to tell them why and who was responsible either.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

been thinking about a lighter fox gun! handled a few different ones I liked and it was a toss up between a fluted 22-250 or a t3x 243 but then ive been chewing over it and ive got a more than cap

I borrowed a pard add on thingy the other week. What a faff! Buttons everywhere. I needed a torch and magnifying glass just to work the piece of junk. When I did get back on the fox I couldn't be

Yeah....well I'm a picture of health & virility  ? you crumpled up old fart wrinkles 

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Baldcoot said:

Rabbits a plenty here but go the other way nothing after an outbreak of Vhd.

The badger cull around here has decimated all species like an animal desert at times ?

The cullers culling what shouldn't be culled?

6 hours ago, ianm said:

This is where your argument/opinion falls down. 

The problem isn't whether thermal/n/v is used, the problem is shooting five foxes in a night. 

Whatever method is used, shooting big numbers in areas where the vacant territories aren't repopulated quickly can only lead to one conclusion.

Foxes only have one litter a year and eventually the pressure of year round shooting will show in the lack of foxes.

Some places i go to seem to have a never ending supply, usually adjacent to a town or in the middle of several big villages. Other more rural places it would be easy to wipe them out.   

I have been shooting foxes for 30 years and averaging the same amount year in year out using the lamp but when I started taking another guy out with nv the numbers were decimated and that's why they are low now. I only go out on my own now with the lamp and hope they recover somewhat. I have benefited all the other wildlife and there numbers are well under control but I would like to see a few more about. 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, FOXHUNTER said:

I have been shooting foxes for 30 years and averaging the same amount year in year out using the lamp but when I started taking another guy out with nv the numbers were decimated and that's why they are low now. I only go out on my own now with the lamp and hope they recover somewhat. I have benefited all the other wildlife and there numbers are well under control but I would like to see a few more about. 

If you have kept records then you will know exactly how many more foxes where shot using n/v. How many more per year was it?

3 hours ago, ianm said:

It certainly is.

A couple of years ago a farmer i know proudly proclaimed that he had secured and released several myxy rabbits. Within a few weeks there wasn't any to be found anywhere. Every sheep farmer in that area began losing lambs at an alarming rate. I didn't need any encouraging to tell them why and who was responsible either.

It is illegal but I know forestry companies have been doing it for years. I think large estates have been spreading vhd but have no proof. It disgusts me!

• Sad 3
4 hours ago, Sausagedog said:

It is illegal but I know forestry companies have been doing it for years. I think large estates have been spreading vhd but have no proof. It disgusts me!

Network rail are f*****s for it. Everywhere they go myxy follows.

• Sad 1

It's sad how some can get away with bending laws and rules. Portray a caring spirit for the environment but are false to their word but if I go hunting for something for the pot, well you are a sad so and so!

The world is screwed and the moment it stops I'm getting off it!

• Like 2

Disgusts me to think anyone would use disease to control an animal population...even the humble rabbit , the countryside would be a sadder place without them. I used to shoot rabbits in the Borders where there was literally thousands until keepers dropped RHD and literally wiped out a 10 mile valley overnight. Very sad state of affairs ?

• Sad 1