times catching up

been thinking about a lighter fox gun!

handled a few different ones I liked and it was a toss up between a fluted 22-250 or a t3x 243 but then ive been chewing over it and ive got a more than capable 6.5

that will do deer and fox and has but its a bit long and I like to keep a real scope sat on it for the deer. 

the reason ive been thinking about a change is times caught up with me and my shoulder is fcuked from 30 odd years of plastering and laying bricks..

so the .204 ive got im well happy with its an ace fox gun but its a heavy lump..

bought it second hand with a shot count of less than 40 rounds and it came with a grs stock and the original that had never been used, didn't like the grs stock so that didn't last long and ditching it knocked 1 1/2 lbs off the weight.. its a lot more manageable now lifting onto the quad stix but still hefty and all my shooting is done on foot jumping fences and gates all night  ? so I thought that 22-250 was fluted and didn't feel so bad so booked it in with Steve Kershaw for some fluting,

hes only about 40 mile away so no rdf messing I took it down to him and hes done an ace job on it... not sure if its knocked much off but it looks smart ?

out with the old

25F8C7F9-3EEC-4CC8-B234-7A55FDB7A455_1_201_a.jpeg.b49ea99d5551021b87c2b9bdbbe2932a.jpeg

in with the new ish

93FEF582-C63F-473F-87E9-D025A2A5821E.jpeg.8b6f89c9bbdc25f4cf702a2acbdc1b94.jpeg754E00CF-3BAA-41A4-B39D-25250C1C39E2.png.feeaac9959a844da1a02fb8df66ae7a3.png

just need to find a fox now, think I was a bit to efficient at start of the year or this thermal was the kiss of death cos the only fox ive shot at since I got it I missed  ?

bought some decent quick change mounts now so hopefully it'll keep zero between rifle swaps now, its held fine so far between it and my rabbit smasher so fingers crossed no more poi shift and no more misses... if I miss now it'll be my fault  ?

• Like 9

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

been thinking about a lighter fox gun! handled a few different ones I liked and it was a toss up between a fluted 22-250 or a t3x 243 but then ive been chewing over it and ive got a more than cap

I borrowed a pard add on thingy the other week. What a faff! Buttons everywhere. I needed a torch and magnifying glass just to work the piece of junk. When I did get back on the fox I couldn't be

Yeah....well I'm a picture of health & virility  ? you crumpled up old fart wrinkles 

Posted Images

Looks smart Si 

what until you done 44 years of building Si the last 6months I have started feel it . I did say I would be going down to 3 Or 4 days a week next year , but fully booked up until June / July so can’t see that happening anytime soon 

• Like 1

I've always took light rifles over heavy bull barrels.

Regards getting on. It's pants.

If I touch bread I get gout.

My right heel swells up and knackers when ever it wants.

My knees burn most days.

My eyes are getting worse.

I hate fences and at some gates that won't open I sometimes just turn around, stuff it.

That aside, I do alright.

Nice job on the rifle. Hope it works out for you.

• Like 2
40 minutes ago, villaman said:

Looks smart Si 

what until you done 44 years of building Si the last 6months I have started feel it . I did say I would be going down to 3 Or 4 days a week next year , but fully booked up until June / July so can’t see that happening anytime soon 

I'll be amazed if I can still do it in ten years.. working price might make the money but it wrecks your body :( 

• Like 4
13 minutes ago, Sausagedog said:

I've always took light rifles over heavy bull barrels.

Regards getting on. It's pants.

If I touch bread I get gout.

My right heel swells up and knackers when ever it wants.

My knees burn most days.

My eyes are getting worse.

I hate fences and at some gates that won't open I sometimes just turn around, stuff it.

That aside, I do alright.

Nice job on the rifle. Hope it works out for you.

yeah its a rough old ride I know that sd.. I can add knackered knees and crap eyesight to the list:( 

I dont mind a bit of weight to a rifle but trying to lift that onto stix just wasn't fun.. 

• Like 1

Find a fox I know what you mean , they are now extinct on my grounds due to thermal and nv use. I used to go out with a guy for about 5 years using this combination on my grounds and we were out every other night hammering foxes consequently I am now regretting it as after 2 years the population still hasn't recovered. I can safely say I will not be buying thermal or nv, they have had a devastating impact on foxes round me , they are now an endangered species ?

I borrowed a pard add on thingy the other week. What a faff! Buttons everywhere. I needed a torch and magnifying glass just to work the piece of junk.

When I did get back on the fox I couldn't believe what I saw. It was leaning on a gate smoking a fag and checking its claws!!

Useless  junk, I went and got me lamp.....

• Like 1
  • Haha 6
1 hour ago, FOXHUNTER said:

Find a fox I know what you mean , they are now extinct on my grounds due to thermal and nv use. I used to go out with a guy for about 5 years using this combination on my grounds and we were out every other night hammering foxes consequently I am now regretting it as after 2 years the population still hasn't recovered. I can safely say I will not be buying thermal or nv, they have had a devastating impact on foxes round me , they are now an endangered species ?

You can only shoot them once and when you have that's it.

• Haha 2

Aging and physical problems are a real drag down.  I got slowed down by an operation on my shoulder for a rotor cuff tendon injury.  With the time waiting for the operation and the healing time it was nearly two years.!  Then I've had a ruptured Achilles tendon which has been over a year.  I am looking towards an operation for repair. But apparently there is quite a high risk of serious problems so I  may be looking for a piggy back.!

• Sad 2
10 hours ago, FOXHUNTER said:

it as after 2 years the population still hasn't recovered

Bet its boosted ground nesting birds & leveret numbers though 

Seeing them through thermal or NV doesn't kill them.... 

Edited by BenBhoy
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, BenBhoy said:

Yeah....well I'm a picture of health & virility  ? you crumpled up old fart wrinkles 

Well, I’m in a right state, but like an injured animal I show no weakness in case some young predator takes advantage of me ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
7 hours ago, Meece said:

Aging and physical problems are a real drag down.  I got slowed down by an operation on my shoulder for a rotor cuff tendon injury.  With the time waiting for the operation and the healing time it was nearly two years.!  Then I've had a ruptured Achilles tendon which has been over a year.  I am looking towards an operation for repair. But apparently there is quite a high risk of serious problems so I  may be looking for a piggy back.!

That’s what I’m waiting for a date on, been paying for injections just so I can carry on working.. it clicks clunks and grinds all the time! Not nice:(

• Sad 2