The feeder

Just bought a big bag of nuts 

Plus we need to move the feeder 

As the owners are building some thing in the woods next to the feeder 

So we are moving it tomorrow 

And we have found the perfect tree and cover for us,,,, a tree that over hangs so like a natural hide

Put a camo net at the front of it and we can't be seen 

Over the moon lol

Big bag of nuts cost £17 and a few pence 

Atvbjimmy ???

IMG_20211021_211645.jpg

IMG_20211021_211700.jpg

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well been feeding them for some time now so thought it was time to  Hit them  Me and JayB0 set up early this morning  And just sat waiting so peaceful sitting there in the dark  An

Well we went out for a long day's shooting on the feeder and farm. I Managed to bag the first squirrel myself today after Jimmy had followed it to the feeder(how the tables have turned?) it just

At least he can't use the same joke twice on me!?

Posted Images

That's the b&m peanuts I find them a bit broken up and get them if I can't get my normal ones  ,home bargains is the place I get mine from although the squirrels don't mind them b&m ones  but imo home bargains are better quality and I mix mine with cheaper feed it makes them last longer also I put a few capfulls of attractant in mine  ?,plus home bargains do packs of monkey nuts which are cheaper than others a few of them on the  box will draw them in too.Thats the mix I use ,?

IMG-20210825-WA0000.jpg

Edited by Stevie E
  • Like 2
2 hours ago, Stevie E said:

That's the b&m peanuts I find them a bit broken up and get them if I can't get my normal ones  ,home bargains is the place I get mine from although the squirrels don't mind them b&m ones  but imo home bargains are better quality and I mix mine with cheaper feed it makes them last longer also I put a few capfulls of attractant in mine  ?,plus home bargains do packs of monkey nuts which are cheaper than others a few of them on the  box will draw them in too.Thats the mix I use ,?

IMG-20210825-WA0000.jpg

We were looking at big sacks of the mix your using, but we wernt sure if it was any good for the sqizzlers, but If so its only £10 a massive sack of it from the allotment huts.

I have used the B&M sacks for the last three years and they work a treat.  We also mixed in sunflower seeds, wheat and maize but in truth we found everything but the nuts scattered around on the ground however that usually get eaten by the pheasants and deer so not  total loss.

Phil

Must be different areas then Phil? ,we often see maize on the floor but it's all nibbled on the end and apart from that everything is taking  . The feeders we have are in between pheasant feeders and I've seen them run past them to get to the boxes .These are topped up regular even now we're ferreting so we can drop back on whenever we like the keeper tells me when they need topping up?

IMG_20211010_134735841_HDR.jpg

Edited by Stevie E
  • Like 2
16 hours ago, Stevie E said:

IMG-20210825-WA0000.jpg

Thanks stevie for the tips mate 

Was wondering what to mix with them to make it last longer 

Moved the feeder tonight 

And it was chewed to hell as it had run out of nuts 

So topped it up to the top this time 

So should be OK for two or three days 

Hopefully they will not build any thing next to it 

Going to give it a day or two then hit it again, 

Atvbjimmy ???

• Like 2

Wish this weather would f*ck off 

Itching to hit the feeder again 

Been ready the last two mornings 

Even got the gear in the tank 

Then it started p*ssing down 

Lol

O well will just have to wait until tomorrow now ?

Atvbjimmy ???

• Like 1

Went to day to fill up if needed but still full at the moment, still plenty of nuts around . Don’t bother mixing peanuts with any thing else they just throw evil oil out

had The impact  .25 with me squirrel had a go with ZAN slug , didn’t like though ?

EC9DA716-14E4-4136-B6E1-1263DC2C92A8.jpeg

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, villaman said:

Went to day to fill up if needed but still full at the moment, still plenty of nuts around . Don’t bother mixing peanuts with any thing else they just throw evil oil out

had The impact  .25 with me squirrel had a go with ZAN slug , didn’t like though ?

EC9DA716-14E4-4136-B6E1-1263DC2C92A8.jpeg

Been today same reason had my son with me with his s410

Half full so topped it up and sat two showed them selfs one was sent a jsb rs for its tea 

It fell then ran behind the tree where it fell 

The other I missed it was jittery as hell moving all the time 

But I'll get it tomorrow morning 

If it comes for breakfast lol

Atvbjimmy ???

IMG_20211030_172935.jpg

IMG_20211030_172904.jpg

IMG_20211030_160041.jpg

IMG_20211030_160036.jpg

IMG_20211030_172955.jpg

IMG_20211030_172947.jpg

• Like 2
Just now, bigmac 97kt said:

Been today same reason had my son with me with his s410

Half full so topped it up and sat two showed them selfs one was sent a jsb rs for its tea 

It fell then ran behind the tree where it fell 

The other I missed it was jittery as hell moving all the time 

But I'll get it tomorrow morning 

If it comes for breakfast lol

Atvbjimmy ???

IMG_20211030_172935.jpg

IMG_20211030_172904.jpg

IMG_20211030_160041.jpg

IMG_20211030_160036.jpg

IMG_20211030_172955.jpg

IMG_20211030_172947.jpg

Got to add I'm loving this kral 22

I'm going to get either the hi cap 

Or the dazzle next it's impressed me that much lads Screenshot_20211022_093337_com.android.chrome.jpg.b00f2d69eb72f1635b291a48e359ab59.jpg

Screenshot_20211022_093854_com.android.chrome.jpg

• Like 1

Went back this morning and only got the two and a pigeon 

I got one squizzer 

My son got the other and the pigeon 

Going to leave it for two weeks see if any more will come to it since moving it 

Atvbjimmy ???

Rifles 

Kral puncher jumbo 22 

AA s410 22

IMG_20211031_084740.jpg

IMG_20211031_084745.jpg

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

I remember a big bloke on this forum calling my shooting sticks - said they were my zimmer frame lads,- twat.

I also remember that big bloke calling my style of shooting ( static, ambush) as being sat on my fat arse technique, - twat.

Yeah and the same twa, bloke has now been and paid me for umpteen shooting lessons this last 6 months, begged me to keep it secret too, seems to be paying off  for you Jim, sitting on yer fat arse with yer mop sticks. :feck: :rofl:

Great write up and shooting mate. :good:

Love the look of your pup Sean, a wire haired pointer ?

atb  Mark.

• Haha 3
31 minutes ago, mark williams said:

I remember a big bloke on this forum calling my shooting sticks - said they were my zimmer frame lads,- twat.

I also remember that big bloke calling my style of shooting ( static, ambush) as being sat on my fat arse technique, - twat.

Yeah and the same twa, bloke has now been and paid me for umpteen shooting lessons this last 6 months, begged me to keep it secret too, seems to be paying off  for you Jim, sitting on yer fat arse with yer mop sticks. :feck: :rofl:

Great write up and shooting mate. :good:

Love the look of your pup Sean, a wire haired pointer ?

atb  Mark.

Where have you been hiding Mark.......................

• Like 1

Hi Phil,lads,

We have been through a real bad time with my eldest son and to be honest I`ve hardly picked a rifle up other than practice for nigh on 2 years.

He's diagnosed with adhd, bad mental health etc, he was having suicidal thoughts also.

He's slowly mending ( mental health) now, adhd is permanent and for life but yeah, been through a hell of a bad time to be honest.

• Sad 3