Dilemma

You maybe right Mitch, sometimes we all tend to go through these stages. I have just got used to the weight difference with the Wildcat at 2.6k and the Impact at 3.1k which doesn't sound much but when carrying it, you certainly feel it and both the Wildcat and Crown can have shoulder straps. I walk a fair way with my Tikka rimmy with the strap, very comfortable unlike the Impact.

I loved the Impact and still rate it but I am loving my Wildcat.

• Like 1

Still haven’t answered the question is the fx in any calibre the top notch air rifles from any other.Not been arsey it’s just everyone is banging on about fx.I’ve had hw100 good gun at the min I have a R10 which is accurate and nice to shoot,I had a aa s410 extra fac which was good to.

9 hours ago, villaman said:

At FAC level they are , but my bsa ultra and Hw100k sub12 will match and top price gun pellet for pellet . Including fx and daystate. So no not in sub 12 but others will say different 

Cheers for that just from the way people are shouting about them got me thinking.

12 hours ago, villaman said:

At FAC level they are , but my bsa ultra and Hw100k sub12 will match and top price gun pellet for pellet . Including fx and daystate. So no not in sub 12 but others will say different 

I’d agree, I was thinking about a 12ft lb crown in .177, but I think I’d be paying for adjustment ability that I can’t use. That, I would find frustrating. I don’t think it would be worth having one in .177 fac though. It would be interesting maybe, but very limited use I’d have thought. I’m not sure if I need a .25 fac air rifle though, I’ve no requirement to chase .22 rimfire performance, and I’ve got a free slot for another .22 rimfire anyway. So that’s my dilemma?. Anybody got a .20 fac adjustable from 12-26ft lb? That might be interesting/useful ??

1 hour ago, Dervburner said:

I’d agree, I was thinking about a 12ft lb crown in .177, but I think I’d be paying for adjustment ability that I can’t use. That, I would find frustrating. I don’t think it would be worth having one in .177 fac though. It would be interesting maybe, but very limited use I’d have thought. I’m not sure if I need a .25 fac air rifle though, I’ve no requirement to chase .22 rimfire performance, and I’ve got a free slot for another .22 rimfire anyway. So that’s my dilemma?. Anybody got a .20 fac adjustable from 12-26ft lb? That might be interesting/useful ??

That’s what I love about my .22 FAC  fx crown 43 ftlbs down to under 12 in seconds 

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, villaman said:

20 is a transvestite cal , doesn’t know whether it’s .177 or 22 ?

? I get what you’re saying vm, but in the nineties I used .20 & .25 almost exclusively. I used a bsa supersport .25 for clearing ferals from factory units, and also rabbits around industrial units at night time. I eventually sold the bsa, and regret it now. I also used a Theoben sirocco carbine .20 for most other airgun jobs, and to be fair, it took a lot of vermin. I still have the Theoben and wouldn’t part with it as it shoots as well as any other mechanical air rifle I’ve owned or used, it’s deadly accurate and it does seem quicker to the target than .22 but more akin to .22 than .177 imo. I’d like to see how .20 performs at mid twenties ft lb.

I did fit one of those combat straps that connect to a single point but compared to a normal strap that I have on my rimfire, it is rubbish although I hear it is possible to get a butt pad spacer with a connecting point but where the hell would I fit the other end.  My shooting buddy, Chris,  has put up a post on facebook that you (Mitch) responded to regarding the Crown fac and one of the advantages of the Crown is it weighs less and can fit a conventional shoulder strap but before you lot say anything, he is going to sell the Impact .25fac and go for a Crown because of the weight advantage, the shoulder strap is a bonus. 

I was looking at the Crown VP with aluminium air tank for me, not as nice to look at but more to the point, I think about 400+grms heavier at the front so whilst cheaper, it will not help the weight issue.......................................................................................................................................................back to the feckin drawing board.