Just rescued this

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just found it injured on the lane

Well, released it and it flew away…..what happens now is entirely down to nature. Bit of rest and some decent grub was obviously what it needed.  

You could keep it warm under there mate ??

Posted Images

Hi have you checked its wings  because if its broken at the shoulder it will might not heal and it wont be able too fly and hunt again i found one years ago hurt after feeding it for a couple of days i took it a avian vet and got the bad news about it the vet said i could keep it if i applied for permission but he said it would be better to put the bird down and i agreed as it should be free not locked up for the rest of its life

• Like 1

Cheers lads, just had it outside to see if it would fly.

Seems to be able to glide and land but don’t seem to have the energy to keep going.

Not eaten anything but on a perch and alert so we will see what the morning brings.

No shoots or anything round here and so it just seems wrong not to at least have a go at getting such a lovely creature up and running again.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
2 hours ago, WILF said:

Cheers lads, just had it outside to see if it would fly.

Seems to be able to glide and land but don’t seem to have the energy to keep going.

Not eaten anything but on a perch and alert so we will see what the morning brings.

No shoots or anything round here and so it just seems wrong not to at least have a go at getting such a lovely creature up and running again.

Just weak from lack of grub by the sounds of it Wilf,fatty mince,chicken will put the weight back on it?

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Daniel cain said:

Just weak from lack of grub by the sounds of it Wilf,fatty mince,chicken will put the weight back on it?

Well it’s had a bit to eat now and some more liquid on board mate, sat up on a perch looking ok so fingers crossed ?

• Like 2
7 hours ago, low plains drifter said:

Buzzard, put a topic on the falconry section Wilf, all the best mate

I was waiting for Walshie to copy and move the topic…..I’m f****d if I know what we are paying the geezer for ?! ? 

• Haha 1
3 minutes ago, Daniel cain said:

Fingers crossed it's just tired and hungry, probably not long left the nest?

I was thinking that looks small, I found a buzzard in the woods froze solid, looked heathy too(apart from not breathing)? had it taxidermy look brill

• Haha 2