Man caves/sheds

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is what I call the marital life boat. When things are good it's a nice thing to hang out in, when things are stormy I can escape into it. In truly terrible storms it can be towed away but I now h

I need some better pics of inside

Relaxing in my man cave right now with the pup and the house cur, enjoying a G & T ! A mans gotta have his "fortress of solitude" to get away to ! ? ! Cheers.

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Borr said:

There's KW formulas if you Google you need to measure rooms etc it's important as you don't want it running full bore as well as you don't want it just smouldering either. If it's private property and not rented think you can do as you please but worth getting chimney swept and maybe a smoke test.

Im only talking about for a shed/outbuilding by the way....nowhere near the house.

12 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

Im only talking about for a shed/outbuilding by the way....nowhere near the house.

Yep that's why I mentioned smallest wood burner you can't get , but I guess if you stuck 10k of TV hifi and furniture in there you might want it fully insured.

Crap photos but did a few hours working on my shed today. Clad a couple of walls, painted a quarter of the outside. Built a fly tying table out of the top of a pub table from my local pub. It's being 'modernised'so I took a table out the skip. Some good nights sat at this little table top. Just need a lamp and bar stool for the fly tying department. 

IMG_20211024_180646.jpg

• Like 2
On 18/10/2021 at 18:05, gnasher16 said:

When buying a log burner is there some kind of set way to work out your room/shed measurements in order to determine what " KW " to go for ?....or do you just guess at it ?.......also do they need to be signed off etc or just whack it in with a " if he died he dies " approach ?

A small wood burner heats a largish room. The only downside of a small wood burner is that they have small doors and that mean more chopping and cutting. If its only a shed your wanting it for Machine Mart do a good selection that are reasonable. The flue will cost you more. 

1 minute ago, leegreen said:

A small wood burner heats a largish room. The only downside of a small wood burner is that they have small doors and that mean more chopping and cutting. If its only a shed your wanting it for Machine Mart do a good selection that are reasonable. The flue will cost you more. 

I've fitted quite a few and no one has died ?

I have  a 8x7 shed cabbin not insulated n all we have is a tiny wood burner ( windy smith wendy ) in warms the place up in no time and on a night when we kip in there just pop a bit of hard wood on oak or hawthorn shut the vents down and it stays in most of the night 

20210116_130039.jpg

• Like 7

not quite a man cave but this beach hut on Abersoch beach in north wales has just sold for £175,000  basically a b&q shed with  no electricity and your not even allowed to sleep in it over night

1_AFR_DPW_020921AbersochHut_03jpeg beach hut.jpg

Edited by greg64
  • Haha 2
6 minutes ago, greg64 said:

not quite a man cave but this beach hut on Abersoch beach in north wales has just sold for £175,000  basically a b&q shed with  no electricity and your not even allowed to sleep in it over night

1_AFR_DPW_020921AbersochHut_03jpeg beach hut.jpg

I watch a programme about these and the money they sell for is mental,some have waiting lists for years before it right through the family.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1