Excema on hands help!!

Any advice taken gratefully

partner had our little one 6 months ago and since then her palms of her hands have flared up with excema it’s horrendous like and nothing we’ve tried has help cream moisturiser wise or cutting things out diet etc we just can’t find the trigger or a cure 

can be fine for a day or two just dry with small hacks then flare up out of nowhere to the point she’s rubbing them raw on the work top 

any advice or tips greatly appreciated ?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, saluki bouy said:

Any advice taken gratefully

partner had our little one 6 months ago and since then her palms of her hands have flared up with excema it’s horrendous like and nothing we’ve tried has help cream moisturiser wise or cutting things out diet etc we just can’t find the trigger or a cure 

can be fine for a day or two just dry with small hacks then flare up out of nowhere to the point she’s rubbing them raw on the work top 

any advice or tips greatly appreciated ?

Oddly enough ive had exactly the same, its driving me nuts.

I've been using cetraben cream, it calms it down down but its not shifting it, also I find a hay fever anti histamine helps cool the itchy. 

Just to add I've never had it before ever

My wee lad really suffers with bad eczema and the only thing that seems to help him at all is aveeno cream 

When he flares up a couple days it takes for it to start calming down again using the aveeno

https://www.superdrug.com/Skin/Body-Moisturisers/Aveeno-Skin-Relief-Lotion-300ml/p/202680

It’s horrible for kids to have ,, Me and my sister suffer with it , my sister worse off and also her lad , as for cream ,aqueous cream ,oiliatum cream,bath oil help my sisters and her lads clears up when there on holiday in sea , must be the salt water and warm sun , my sisters is that bad she spent most her childhood in bandages but there’s better creams about now , 

I once shot with a bloke who's hands were covered in excema. He shot in cotton gloves for years, tried every treatment going. 

After years of this he suddenly turned up with perfect hands. Reckoned he used honey....manuka honey but also local honey. 

I saw that bloke at his lowest because of excema, he really was desperate. Be interested to see if it helps others 

• Like 1

My godson has really bad excema and his parents tried everything creams steroid creams we have a friend who makes that cetreben at work tried that and nothing really worked doc's said he will grow out of it. But a couple of years ago I got talking to a lady on a market stall in York and she sold goat milk soaps and lotions and thats really worked he still gets it but no where near as bad as he did have it all over

• Like 1

That sound more like psoriasis than eczema, I suffer from it on my hands and feet, it’s an immune system problem, sometimes it will just come on, but normally when something affects my immune system, for example when I had the vaccine my psoriasis went mental to the point it was all over my body, if she’s just had a baby this will of affected her immune system and could of triggered it off, there’s no cure for it, just management, she’d be best off going to the doctors for a steroid cream, something like Betnovate, everything you buy in the chemist is just a moisturiser 

• Like 3
1 minute ago, Councilestatekid said:

My godson has really bad excema and his parents tried everything creams steroid creams we have a friend who makes that cetreben at work tried that and nothing really worked doc's said he will grow out of it. But a couple of years ago I got talking to a lady on a market stall in York and she sold goat milk soaps and lotions and thats really worked he still gets it but no where near as bad as he did have it all over

I use goats milk soap, it’s a really good moisturiser ?

Just now, Stavross said:

I use goats milk soap, it’s a really good moisturiser ?

To be honestest mate I thought the lady was on the blag but it really works ive bought it him for past 2 years and some lotion he uses before bed and id say its 90-95% better must just agree with him