Red diesel rule changes...

The way I see it, most construction sites will have their tanks emptied over the weekend.  Red was always getting stolen, but now it will be white.  We run cranes with spare fuel in cans in the lockers, the boss has already told us that will stop. (He's thinking we will be stealing it). 

• Like 1

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Whatever the details, it’s going to be “Build back Better” picking the pocket of ordinary people……again…..100%

are you an anti or what greb im getting worried lol reds were its at why get robbed at the pump get a diesel and get it on cherry not mourn when lads do you sound the type to report the neig

World falling apart ,I'll have to put a few drops of red food colouring in ,so I can still run on cherry ! 

11 hours ago, WILF said:

Whatever the details, it’s going to be “Build back Better” picking the pocket of ordinary people……again…..100%

On the upside mate..ordinary people might be offered 25lts of white diesel instead of cherry..

• Haha 1
10 minutes ago, TOMO said:

does it effect agricultural use ??

can it still be used in tractors etc??

Doing away with it altogether from what I understood from the article mate.

3 minutes ago, baker boy said:

Wont be used anywhere mate, farmers and contractors will have to claim duty back like everyone else

That’s going to murder cash flow for some, which means more debt required which means the cost past down to consumer which means all the politicians mates in the financial sector win and the bloke on the street gets kicked right in the bollocks……gin & tonics all round lads ?

• Like 1

I don't agree with the huge amounts of tax on fuel, gas, electric,alcohol, tobacco, etc, as they hit the lower paid to a higher degree than the well off.

The rich get "green subsidies" making them even richer, the huge multi national companies pay a miniscule amount of tax compared to their earnings, so, while I accept there has to be tax, it's applied very unfairly.

As far as getting rid of red diesel, from a purely tax collecting point, it's a good move.Theoretically, the users can claim the tax back that they will have to pay on white diesel, but those who are using it illegally will have to pay full price.

What it will lead to is a massive increase in diesel theft, from depots, farms, vehicles, etc, but that won't bother the politicians as long as they are getting more tax revenue........

Cheers.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, WILF said:

Doing away with it altogether from what I understood from the article mate.

1 hour ago, baker boy said:

Wont be used anywhere mate, farmers and contractors will have to claim duty back like everyone else

ive just re read that article....i think agriculture is exempt from the ban on using red....in other words these industries can still use it....it seems its  more aimed at construction ...

Certain industries that also use gas oil heavily, such as rail, agriculture, commercial fishing fleets and non-commercial heating or power generation uses, will be exempt from the April 2022 changes.

It’s worth noting that red diesel permissions apply only to the way in which equipment is used, not to the type of equipment itself. So, for example, NRMM that can be used for both agricultural purposes and construction purposes will still be able to run on red diesel, but only in an agricultural context.

• Like 1