Red diesel rule changes...

22 hours ago, king said:

This is what it says mate....

In order to stay compliant, it will be essential to run down your existing stocks of red diesel before the 1st April 2022 deadline. In most cases that doesn’t mean you must remove every trace by flushing your tanks. However, you will need to be able to prove that you haven’t purchased any red diesel after the April 2022 deadline, or stockpiled close to this date.

Run down your red diesel efficiently by first making sure you have a precise measurement of how much you have left in storage. Next, draft up a timeline of usage to predict when you would run out, and make a plan for integrating alternative fuel replacements at the right time to ensure there will be no interruption to your operations.

1st of April deadline........ 

Cheers, D.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Whatever the details, it’s going to be “Build back Better” picking the pocket of ordinary people……again…..100%

are you an anti or what greb im getting worried lol reds were its at why get robbed at the pump get a diesel and get it on cherry not mourn when lads do you sound the type to report the neig

World falling apart ,I'll have to put a few drops of red food colouring in ,so I can still run on cherry ! 

On 08/10/2021 at 19:34, Greb147 said:

Talk about dropping a bollock, at least red was a deterrent to some folk. 

With white it'll be like open season, sure to god there's a catch. 

are you an anti or what greb im getting worried lol

reds were its at why get robbed at the pump get a diesel and get it on cherry not mourn when lads do

you sound the type to report the neighbour for it ?

• Haha 3
10 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

are you an anti or what greb im getting worried lol

reds were its at why get robbed at the pump get a diesel and get it on cherry not mourn when lads do

you sound the type to report the neighbour for it ?

You been on crack fella? 

Your comprehension skills are that of a toddler. ?

• Haha 1

Correct me if I'm wrong but as far as I know there is no physical difference between red and white except the red dye content for taxation purposes.  All this is going to do is load taxation onto anyone who uses fuel for whatever purpose.  The guy that I was apprenticed under told me that during WW2 dye was put in petrol and this was a get to work allowance.   If you were pulled doing anything else you got a heavy fine.  He had a quick change tank along with an upjetted carb and ran on methanol which wasn't restricted.

Just now, Meece said:

Correct me if I'm wrong but as far as I know there is no physical difference between red and white except the red dye content for taxation purposes.  All this is going to do is load taxation onto anyone who uses fuel for whatever purpose.  The guy that I was apprenticed under told me that during WW2 dye was put in petrol and this was a get to work allowance.   If you were pulled doing anything else you got a heavy fine.  He had a quick change tank along with an upjetted carb and ran on methanol which wasn't restricted.

The red dye has a chemical marker in it aswell mate..some people try and filter it through different things charcoal included to get rid of the red colour.but the chemical marker remains and VOSA can check for that chemical marker..

• Like 1
Just now, king said:

The red dye has a chemical marker in it aswell mate..some people try and filter it through different things charcoal included to get rid of the red colour.but the chemical marker remains and VOSA can check for that chemical marker..

What I  was trying to get over was that making everyone use white is just a way to tax everyone  because the red... and marker is only a way to show that no tax has been levied on that product.  The actual product is the same.  That's why tractors, diggers,  and all machines will run on it with no probs at all other than visa.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Meece said:

What I  was trying to get over was that making everyone use white is just a way to tax everyone  because the red... and marker is only a way to show that no tax has been levied on that product.  The actual product is the same.  That's why tractors, diggers,  and all machines will run on it with no probs at all other than visa.

This is the tax payed on it mate..yea the actual product is exactly the same apart from colour and that chemical marker..

Right now, ordinary white diesel is taxed at the full rate of 57.95 pence per litre (ppl). By contrast, red diesel is entitled to a rebate of 46.81ppl meaning that it is effectively taxed at only 11.14ppl

Users who have to switch from red diesel to white diesel next year will therefore have to pay five times as much fuel duty as before.

Just now, Lenmcharristar said:

So what happens in the republic? Are they still using green??? A few transport companies will make a fortune doing runs up to NI

Or going backwards and forwards over to Europe with belly tanks. I don't know about how they tax their fuel.  From memory I think that I  was told the ww2 petrol was blue and they called it pool petrol.

1 hour ago, Meece said:

Or going backwards and forwards over to Europe with belly tanks. I don't know about how they tax their fuel.  From memory I think that I  was told the ww2 petrol was blue and they called it pool petrol.

Belly tanks were illegal for European travel , dont know if that's changed . And about 20yrs ago red diesel was refined different to white it had lower cetane levels that's why the likes of tractor pulling competitors always ran on white and not red 

Can’t see that it makes no difference going from red to white yeah they pay tax on it but there claim it back through the business only people I think that it’ll effect is people that are not businesses like people using it for diesel heating or narrow boaters 

• Like 1