Lurcher with the lowest percentage of running dog?

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My bitch is working springer x lurcher....certainly less than half sighthound. The only teeth she come across are squirrels.

Half terrier, 3/8 greyhound, 1/8 collie. Cheers, D.  

i think you can still class a dog as a lurcher with only a 1/4 grey in it....i know collie john uses a reverse collie cross type....that only has 1/4 grey x 3/4 collie.....not my cup of tea but each t

Posted Images

On 08/10/2021 at 22:56, Bosun11 said:

Almost identical to a local dog, bred very similar.

The local dog is a Bull grey x Springer. Dog looks just like a racy bull whippet, real racy too...!!

It works daily, alongside a show bred springer. They are owned by a 'none-hunting woman, who don't give to hoots what they get up too and catch, as long as they are well excercised daily. Honestly, they put some gear away, weekly..!

She just marches round local fields and takes 'not a blind bit of notice', as the two dogs hunt up and kill just about everything this area has to offer...

Mine was advertised as greyhound x springer, but it wasn’t, definitely  a smooth haired lurcher, i think there will have been a smidgen of bull and god knows what else in there. It was an accidental mating with a game keepers bitch springer. She’s  lovely natures dog, very soft.....too soft mouthed for squirrels really...she can’t half hunt though...and she’s clever with it too.

• Like 4

My good old dog druid,dead now yrs.He cought me a lot of live rabbbits in the 90s,selling those rabbits helped me save up to buy my first 2nd hand fiesta van .He produced racey pups when bred to a greyhound bitch. He was a reverse 3/4 bedlington collie hound. 

IMG_1358.JPG

Edited by stonewall
  • Like 7
11 minutes ago, jackthelad said:

Iv 3 of these pups here the blk rough dog and the 2 fawn bitches dam was straight bull sire a lurcher doubt these will have trouble catching Charlie D35302B0-940F-4856-8C76-EA81DDCC4579.jpeg.421846c67a7e6c9892b198848f79577d.jpeg

That Dogue de Bordeaux might though. ?

• Haha 1
On 09/10/2021 at 13:11, dogmad riley said:

Is there many 1/4 bull 3/4 grey out there doing the job?

av been around bullxs for a while now and never seen a seasoned one in action. 

One of my pals had one but it was shite jibbed all the time

a fella who bred and worked some good bull x used to say what can a 3/4 bull do that a good half x can't

• Like 1