Parco Del Brenta

16 hours ago, Wideboy said:

All the big brands in carp fishing have videos on YouTube, from fishing there. By the looks of it, I hope your not tight when it comes to bait. 

Of course he's tight. Look at his location. He'll take a pint of maggots and half a stone of breadcrumb groundbait. 

• Haha 1
On 05/10/2021 at 21:26, Wideboy said:

All the big brands in carp fishing have videos on YouTube, from fishing there. By the looks of it, I hope your not tight when it comes to bait. 

Been for a little top up today to add to what I've walready got. Be using house pellet over there aswell. Should see the week out. If I have run out then I will have caught plenty!?

20211007_155929.jpg

20211007_160035.jpg

• Like 2
12 minutes ago, Wideboy said:

I think the ridgemonkey lads were putting out 40/50 kg of boilies at a time?

Plenty of maize too. 

Yeah I know, I would if it was free gratis! Then again one of em did get 100fish in the week on his own. I will be more than happy with more moderate numbers. Fish for a bite, enjoy a few beers with the lads then see what the week brings. It's my mates 40th so bit of a social aswell.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, ryaldinhio said:

Been for a little top up today to add to what I've walready got. Be using house pellet over there aswell. Should see the week out. If I have run out then I will have caught plenty!?

20211007_155929.jpg

20211007_160035.jpg

Looks like a gooutdoors run!!. Places like this I feed 18-20mm boilies ill put about 5kg over each rod to start depending on time of year 3kg of boillie 2kg of corn and mix particles but heavy on corn ill put 1 rig with a single 1 with a double and 1 with a pop up see what works then go to that I find a double 20mm boillie works well these kind of places with the big fish hope you land on a monster there's some chunks in there

• Like 2
23 hours ago, ryaldinhio said:

20211007_155929.jpg

20211007_160035.jpg

Any chance of tagging on? I've got my own bait....

20211008_141813_resize_25.jpg.fcccabc26a8f2bfedfb4cd77d2823cf8.jpg

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Still here mate. Struggled to be honest but on first night my mate who's birthday it is had one of biggest fish in pond at just over 80lb so after that it didn't matter anymore.

I had 1 double on first night. He had a 49 and the 80. Then we had nowt all week. The he had a 41 and a 35 last night. 

Other pegs are smashing em out to be fair just not in this part of lake where we are.

Thats fishing for ya ?‍♂️

5 hours ago, ryaldinhio said:

Still here mate. Struggled to be honest but on first night my mate who's birthday it is had one of biggest fish in pond at just over 80lb so after that it didn't matter anymore.

I had 1 double on first night. He had a 49 and the 80. Then we had nowt all week. The he had a 41 and a 35 last night. 

Other pegs are smashing em out to be fair just not in this part of lake where we are.

I went down to my local small river yesterday afternoon to fish for perch and zander using some deadbaits I got from there last week. After about an hour the crays found them and pestered me to death so I moved upstream about 100 metres. That involved carrying three rods, landing net, rod rests, bag, etc along a very narrow path that is lined with brambles and low overhanging trees. At one point I had to scramble under a fallen tree and then jump a stream whilst still laden with tackle.

I had been there no more than ten minutes when I noticed three sets of bubbles coming up right where I had been initially. After half an hour I couldn't stand it so set off back. I hadn't got any proper carp tackle, but in the bait box where my worms are I had three cockchafer grubs and a garden snail. After completing the obstacle course I saw no bubbling but set up a rod with ledger tackle and a big hook. 

Ten minutes later the bubbles returned - opposite where I had just moved from! 

After 15 minutes I lumbered back down the path with thre rods, etc, under the tree, over the stream only to find that the fecking fish were back where I had first seen them. 

An hour and a half later they were still there and I was still 100 metres away!

That's fishing for you.

• Haha 3
8 hours ago, ryaldinhio said:

At least you haven't blanked mate but bet your mate was buzzing with the 80lb fish that's a dream fish mate.you never know you might land on a nice 1 before you leave.but like you say that's fishing.i had a day session with a couple of mates at a place I usually refuse to go to with them as 99% small but they go about once a week and been going about 5/6 months nice place. Been there about a hour only fish out on lake was 1 of mates about 2lb so I was thinking is this what we're in for 3hour later still hadn't even had a knock so thought feck this ill have 1more cast and I'm off within 5mins rod ripped off new lake record only 22.6 but only decent fish in there first time there first fish way it goes sometimes 

Screenshot_20211007-205320_Chrome.jpg

Edited by Councilestatekid
  • Like 4
23 minutes ago, ryaldinhio said:

Well rods are chucked out for last time. Packing up about 6am for the long drive home. Worth it even if I don't get owt else just to see my mate get this thing on the bank for his 40th bday.?

Screenshot_20211016-202709_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20211016-202713_Gallery.jpg

Beautiful fish mate.for most its a once in a lifetime fish that pal.trips like that pal are good for social catching is a bonus a fish like that makes the week hope you get that last bite good luck and well done to your mate buzzing for him 

Fish jumping all over and keep getting liners. Bloody typical on the only night I need sleep!!!??

Anyhow, just sneaked another one out. Didn't weigh it probably 18-20. Glad to get a bite and some activity but would rather it was any of the other nights!!!!?

20211017_001232.jpg

• Like 5

As sods law would dictate a few fish turned up in my swim at 9pm on the only night I needed some kip! Was guna pull the rods in to rest for the drive but persevered and fished through the night and managed to snag 2. First one a baby about 18-20lb then the whopper I had been hoping for the whole week, a 49lb14oz grass carp. Absolutely massive thing! New pb for me of any species. Worth the extra effort.

20211017_001232.jpg

Screenshot_20211017-231303_WhatsApp.jpg

Screenshot_20211017-230652_WhatsApp.jpg

• Like 5