Peregrine..

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There's a pair of peregrines living in the quarry.they raised 2 young this year.been watching them learn to fly and start catching pigeons the last few months.seen many strikes but the pigeon sometime

Another pic..

This pair nest on the railway viaduct not far from me, they've raised young for the last 3 year in this nest, fantastic birds to watch. I remember a good mate of mine got filmed and prosecuted by that

Posted Images

Rumours are going around that you've built a feathered wingsuit and wear a pair of Edward Scissorhand gloves and that you walk around the quarry squawking at people until they throw you their ham sandwiches. 

Edited by Greb147
  • Haha 5
23 minutes ago, Blackmag said:

I have a pair on one of my perms seen a few takes by parents and youngsters but the best I saw was on a teal a couple of years ago what a take nature at its best it was worth the walk just for that 

Ah definitely mate.watching them climbing high and swooping down is some sight.

Theres 4 of them on the same bare tree every morning at the highest point on the face.just in line for the sunrise..

• Like 1

I can watch a nesting pair from my patio funny thing I have noticed is a sparrow hawk disappears when they come back through winter she's here but as soon as they return she's gone there's a live webcam  on theses local ones you can view online 

10 minutes ago, Greyman said:

I’m working in the middle of Gloucester at the moment and see one circling over the city regular watched it go into a stoop last week from a little dot in the sky well impressive do love a good raptor ?

Salisbury cathedral have a live web can pointed at a peregrine nest..I just looked they have turned the camera off until next breeding season..

WWW.SALISBURYCATHEDRAL.ORG.UK

These powerful birds of prey have made the Cathedral their home.

14 minutes ago, Greb147 said:

They're in the lime works at Buxton, nesting on the crag face. 

You could hear them before you saw them, used to make a right din if you strayed too close to their nest. 

The youngsters were screaming a fair bit when they started to fly..

There's 2 sitting on there look out now..

20211005_080820.jpg.00781a8df5a358a13428a83ac81b02cc.jpg

• Like 2

Our local pair nest in old crow nests in the pylons magical birds spend hrs watching them take pigeons and them green parakeets is awesome ka boom lads who fly ther birds along the Thames are very weary with some close encounters and injury’s of wild v hand reared falcons 

Edited by green lurchers
  • Like 1