Time to sell the Ferrari!

Just had an email off my insurance and something I've been saying for years is coming to fruition. 

Speed limiters using GPS are to be fitted on all new cars by 2022.

The new system uses a video or GPS linked system to detect speed signs. 

I've mentioned this on here before, if they were that serious about speeding that was the best solution, looks like they are finally going to use it. 

A real gutter for driving enthusiasts no doubt, it will be all about comfort and not performance in the future. ?

25 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

If you buy a new car in 2022c only way I could do that is on the never ever, an that’s never ever gonna happen?

One of the worst traps folk fall into these days. Feck paying the equivalent of a mortgage every month just to have a brand new motor ffs

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

With the amount of revenue being collected from speed cameras i'll be amazed if they follow through with this i think it was 2019 they tried to bring in the Intelligent Speed Assist and thats still not regulation.....its all part of the jump towards self driven cars in my opinion.

After further reading, we will be OK for the time being as it can be deactivated. 

It's only a matter of time though before there is no off switch. 

And like Gnasher states, I've said this all along, if they were that bothered about speeding they would introduce this and rid us of this stealth tax. ?

I think it might be the Renault Group or Citroen,one of the French lot anyway who are already putting out Intelligent Speed Assist in some of their cars almost as a foresight to whats coming....i presume it can just be activated if/when the regulation comes in....and its limited to 112mph if i remember right.....much as i cant stand the thought of such technology as the roads would just turn into a giant Scalextric set....i can see the logic in such densely populated countries/cities as we can expect in the coming years.

• Haha 1

Unless you have a quick motor that you want to enjoy now and again then limiters fitted are a tidy idea, save you a fortune in diesel.

25 hundred revs, better fuel efficiency and you ain’t thrashing the granny out of the motor all the time…..I had one on a sprinter, best thing I ever did.

• Like 1

A big new combine broke down on a local farm. The dealer sent the technician out to take a look but he couldn't start it. Turned out the finance had been arranged through the manufacturer, the farmer hadn't been up to date with his payments so the manufacturer switched the combine off from their office in Germany ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Mentioned before but a large maintenance contractor in Wales fitted trackers unbeknown to employees, sacked thirty of them Monday morning, had to reinstate them a month later with back pay as they didn't get them to sign a disclaimer knowing the had a tracker on board....

3 hours ago, cragman said:

The trackers on utilities vehicles can tell them back at head office what speed you’re doing and what the speed limit is on the road you’re driving at that moment in time! No quite limiters but as good as

Got them on our work vans..they also pick up on harsh breaking,over revving the engine..my Merc van has sensors that stop you driving up the car in fronts arse..every time a f***ing clown pulls in front of me..the van breaks and alarms go off? f***ing dangerous if you ask me ?

• Like 5
  • Haha 1
12 hours ago, baker boy said:

Ive got a tracker on the work van, steering, acceleration, braking, speed all fed into a computer to tell me how shit a driver I am, and every 2 hours gotta stop for a break or it reports me to fleet

I had one on the van on my last job, consistently number 1 driver ??? ?

Cheers, D.

IMG_20210603_091651_hdr~2.jpg

• Haha 1