Winter flowers for garden

The weather and forthcoming Winter has well and truly closed down the idea of languid evenings on the patio here in North Yorkshire 

but I don’t want to undo my summer work quite yet 

got a planter box and 9 hanging baskets to maintain . Flowers are f****d now that I’ve been away for a while with work so need a new turnover . 

any ideas for any hardy perennials ( ffs what happened to my life ) I can plant to maintain some life and vibrancy over the winter months ?? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

The weather and forthcoming Winter has well and truly closed down the idea of languid evenings on the patio here in North Yorkshire 

got a planter box and 9 hanging baskets to maintain . Flowers are f****d now that I’ve been away for a while with work so need a new turnover . 

any ideas for any hardy perennials ( ffs what happened to my life ) I can plant to maintain some life and vibrancy over the winter months ?? 

It’s Carly I feel sorry for, she met Edward Cullen and ended up with Eddie The Eagle……have a word with your self you lemon ! 

• Haha 2

Not many perrenials will flower in winter . 

Get your self some winter heather's , cyclamen pansy's/violas for colour 

• Like 1
8 hours ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

Gay as fukc …….

• Haha 1

Just changed the hanging baskets and planters on thd holiday let, as Chid said I used Heather and Cyclamen...

I also wonder what the f**k has happened to me ..lol

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
9 minutes ago, NEWKID said:

I also wonder what the f**k has happened to me ..lol

It's that day when you make the conscious decision to actively go out and buy Yourself a pair of slippers that you will Know you are truly fukked!  ?

I should know: I did that about fifteen years ago! :(

8 minutes ago, Ken's Deputy said:

It's that day when you make the conscious decision to actively go out and buy Yourself a pair of slippers that you will Know you are truly fukked!  ?

I should know: I did that about fifteen years ago! :(

Not got to that stage, yet, mate...

Mrs brought me a pair a few Christmases back....is she telling me I'm "truly f****d"...lol

Edited by NEWKID

The Wife handles the front garden that is the flowers etc. Mine is the back veg garden she's not aloud out there with out the pass word lol. Joking aside she has some stuff still going but mid winter its hard. But one shrub I would recommend is the Daphne Bush ours flowers just after Christmas for ages and has an amazing scent. January the Crocuses flower and Honesty then Snow Drops and Daffodils. The wife always plants winter Pansies and Polyanthus there so so imo.

WWW.GARDENERSWORLD.COM

Your garden needn't look dreary in winter. We've picked 10 of the best winter-flowering plants to grow.

Cheers Arry

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1