"A great cloud of them".

Said the farmer, woodies he ment.

I thought why not so grabbed the Tula and 100 cartridges, deeks and dog.

As it happens I could drive from road to field on this place for once. Nice.

Anyway the wind was perfect and a good flight line was on.

I had some good shooting for a couple of hours.

No need to go over the cartridge count to birds ratio, that's just boring.

The bloody dog ran in, grabbed the bird went running around, me after it but before I could grab her and leather her the pigeons wing obscured her vision and she ran at full speed into a round bale! Stupid dog. It hurt her, that and me dragging her back by a hand full of fur, stupid dog.

I wrapped her up from the cool wind in a coat of mine and she sulked all afternoon, stupid dog.

Anyway, that's my jogging done for another week, stupid dog.

20211001_172350.jpg.48b7cb7e182f2b2c5997c34895463b2e.jpg

• Like 6
  • Haha 6

Good session sd, you’ll be flat out making meatloaf tonight :)

When you put your recipe up ages ago i made some and my eldest tree huggin save the world daughter smashed it in and left me sod all?

this little teckel I’ve got sulks like a kid, I’ve never known a dog that gets the monk on and won’t look at you for hours?

• Haha 2
1 hour ago, si brown said:

Good session sd, you’ll be flat out making meatloaf tonight :)

When you put your recipe up ages ago i made some and my eldest tree huggin save the world daughter smashed it in and left me sod all?

this little teckel I’ve got sulks like a kid, I’ve never known a dog that gets the monk on and won’t look at you for hours?

You know what, I'm getting soft. I don't like shooting many of them anymore  due to not having an outlet but the farmer said he wanted them!

If there is one thing that bloody winds me up it's a mard arsed dog!

You feed the ungrateful thing. Keep it warm. Take it out, but give it a leathering when it needs it, oh no, can't do that, might upset it!

Stupid dog.

• Haha 5

Been there.!!  I was sitting behind the net in the hide. .... well I was until I  shot the first pigeon. That's when muttley decided to break ranks and launch forward ripping down the hide and landing kicking and fighting in a ball of net like a bolted rabbit.  Me left sitting on the drum completely exposed. This along with getting out of control chasing across the field after a winged bird flying about two feet off the ground until it came down three parts across the field.  These events were my fault for failing to anticipate the actions of a dog.  Now I  could have given the dog a good thrashing but it was only doing its job of getting after the target and retrieving back to hand.  After this chaos I put the gun down and controlled a struggling, kicking dog from the net. The released dog did three laps of the field trying to retrieve a non exxistant pigeon. tottal chaos.!  I rebuilding the hide, collected my thoughts ànd got ready to reset.  Eventually the dog came back with Another downed pigeon.....  GOOD dog was then tied up to the hedge behind the hide.  When birds came in there were a lot of strong verbal commands issued to sit and stay.  Eventually the beastly spaniel  got the message and wasn't  so bad until it was sent out when there was a lull.  This is when it promptly got caught up with the flapper line and pulled that down.  Dogs don't you just love em.

• Like 2